Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your style/trick/etc?

I'm starting my spring cleaning now. Why now you ask? 10 because if I start now its the only way I would be able to be finished anytime near spring or even after. and 2) spring time is for riding! :) Anyway, those of you who sell lots of stuff on ebay, what do you do to make the process simpler for you. Anything from combining numerious tasks into one, special tools you bought, downloaded or whatever. I'm no stranger to eBay at all but I'm just curious what you guys do and when I say mass selling I'm talking about putting up 20-30 items at once?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
well.. i like to do this.

I start an auction at say 50 and put how much i want for shipping. If i know it is gonna get ALOT of attention i'll put use "Buy it Now" & shipping is free. I'll set the Buy it now price at whatever i would have gotten if they won the auction at the starting price.

I just sold an Xbox & Digital Camera doing that. and both use buy it now :D

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's all good but what I'm talking about is getting all the auctions stuff ready, pictues and such in preparation to tackle the tedious task of starting each auction. IIRC, the whole process is 5 pages of stuff you have to enter and confirm.

Thanks for the reply Slyder but I didn't need any assistance on pricing strategies, I've got that down already! I'm sure others will appreciate your input though. :thumb For what its worth, I'm kinda picky about how much I sell stuff for, if I have something and I fell its worth $100 (to me) I will go browse ebay for a similar item, if I see people are only getting $50 for it then I won't post it. But if its worth $100 to me and I see the same thing going on ebay for $150-$175 then I will just put the starting bid and buy-it-now price both at $120 or so. Mainly because I just prefer people to buy it immediately so I don't have to sit and wait and have to answer many stupid questions like (will your Suzuki gas tank fit on my Honda scooter). I'm kinda like the way ebay has created a new selling format which is just basically a selling price with no auction bidding so to speak but I haven't used it yet.

Anyway, back to the stuff I started this for. What do you do to make the process easier for you as far as creating all your auctions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts