Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Stress Relief 101
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Baby Gorilla still not come back? :confused And where has Yamerhaw been? There are more but those two stand out at this time.

James

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
BG probably got abducted by the CIA. ;)

Animator hasn't posted in a month or so either. :confused

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
BG got hammered pretty well by that x-mas thread, where he was portrayed as pretty ungrateful.

I gotta say that, although he may have seemed ungrateful, the fuller picture painted by how he described his holidays was pretty sad. I think he was hoping for a shoulder to cry on, here in CF, and he didn't get it.

Guess he decided that posting in here any more wasn't worth it.

·
Stress Relief 101
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drinky-Crow said:
BG got hammered pretty well by that x-mas thread, where he was portrayed as pretty ungrateful.

I gotta say that, although he may have seemed ungrateful, the fuller picture painted by how he described his holidays was pretty sad. I think he was hoping for a shoulder to cry on, here in CF, and he didn't get it.

Guess he decided that posting in here any more wasn't worth it.
I remember that thread. I was a part of the "you being ungrateful" side. But I didn't think it was something to leave over. IT was nothing new.

James

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Flexin said:
I remember that thread. I was a part of the "you being ungrateful" side. But I didn't think it was something to leave over. IT was nothing new.

James
By itself, maybe not. But in the larger picture of BG-ness, it was probably the last straw for him.

Seeing as how he was on the fringe already for his conspiracy theory stuff, stuff which earned him a lot of ridicule, it's certainly plausible. I mean, he had to know that when he posted some new "Aliens-Take-Over-The-White-House" message, that message would be torn apart. But the time he opens up and reveals some really personal details about his life, he is also jumped on...

That was personal. Rather than ridicule some conspiracy theory he discovered, his own life and his relationships with his family was ridiculed.

It's easy to see that he would conclude that he has no place left on CF.

I kind of miss him, though. Sad to see the Intarweb grind another victim into dust.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Sonick's been missing for quite a while too. :(

·
Super Moderator
23,510 Posts
SV_Rogue said:
Sonick's been missing for quite a while too. :(
He's on every so often. Dont think he has alot of time to surf much anymroe.

BG. Dunno. :confused

Pulsar left after taking alot of crap over something that wasnt entirely his fault.

Maah Stud hasnt posted since Nov 05.

animator since the end of dec.

runninhorn since july 05.

tarek since june 05.

Some people just take time off. Some find other interests. Some just get sick of BS.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I made a list of all the members of NSR when I discovered that local part of CF. It was a tool to help me remember everyone's screen name and real name / picture. Given the rapid turnover in people's on-line participation, it also became a history of members who no longer participate.

Like a few other on-line groups I've belonged to. We get to know people based on what they post, but it's so easy to just up and leave, too.

It still surprises me how many people have burned out and left the various on-line communities.

·
I am the It in Sh!t
2,934 Posts
YZFRob said:
Some just get sick of BS.
This is more like a good reason. And it's a shame, runninghorn made the same "ignore" list I did. Guess he was as flattered as much as I was.:rolleyes
The "sadistic-insulting attention whore" does get old for some of us.:rolleyes

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
The Gorilla Cage will never be the same now.

·
Stress Relief 101
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JayMan said:
I'm still here! :nanana
For now. CF is working on a trade with another site. We are trading you and a future draft pick for Sunnygirl. The only hold up is that CF wants to keep the bread sticks. The deal should be done later this week. :nanana

James

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
WhiteLightning said:
This is more like a good reason. And it's a shame, runninghorn made the same "ignore" list I did. Guess he was as flattered as much as I was.:rolleyes
The "sadistic-insulting attention whore" does get old for some of us.:rolleyes
I met runninghorn once... out on Bee Caves road when he came down to *visit* Austin.

He was a chode.

Animator is still around, just not here.

Some people just need to take a break... or get busy with life. *gasp* I know, hard to believe that their world doesn't revolve around CF, huh?

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Flexin said:
For now. CF is working on a trade with another site. We are trading you and a future draft pick for Sunnygirl. The only hold up is that CF wants to keep the bread sticks. The deal should be done later this week. :nanana

James
:lmao

If they decide to keep the breadsticks, I hope they get the sauce(s) with them! :D :laughing

·
I am the It in Sh!t
2,934 Posts
azoomm said:
I met runninghorn once... out on Bee Caves road when he came down to *visit* Austin.

He was a chode.
ed-ju-ma-kate me zoomm..;)

chode?:confused

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Flexin said:

James
Couldn't we take a utility forward instead? :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts