Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is on CycleForums.com from Minnesota???????????????????????????????

I want to know how many former SBNers, SBWers, and .ws'ers are here or newbie's......


Post up with your real first name, in case I know you from Mpls.


Goose
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Sarah from MN :D In Indy right now...but hopefully back home soon :redflip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yamahagirl said:
Sarah from MN :D In Indy right now...but hopefully back home soon :redflip

Why is the Yamaha Girl riding an Aprillia in her Avatar?

Good to have you here. WELCOME. You are a transplant to another state away from MN like me.

Did you ride bikes when you were in MN before moving to IN?

Goose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
im from plymouth,minnesota. my name is michael but i dont think ive met you before.:thumb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
michael99 said:
im from plymouth,minnesota. my name is michael but i dont think ive met you before.:thumb

Hey Michael,

Welcome to the site! Even though I don't know you....

See if you can get more MN riders to register on CycleForums(CF).....

Good to have you here!

goose
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
)Yup sure did, only been in INDY for a few months and hopefully not much longer LOL j/k its nice here... longer riding season.

I lived way up north though, so you probably never saw me down in the cities... and back when I did live in MSP I drove just a cruiser :D

Yeah its a mille, I had a track day on Aprilias.... hehehehe hopefully my future bike (falco, but anyway :redflip )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yamahagirl said:
)Yup sure did, only been in INDY for a few months and hopefully not much longer LOL j/k its nice here... longer riding season.

I lived way up north though, so you probably never saw me down in the cities... and back when I did live in MSP I drove just a cruiser :D

Yeah its a mille, I had a track day on Aprilias.... hehehehe hopefully my future bike (falco, but anyway :redflip )

My friend John had a falco when we went to bike week last year, it was maroon. He liked it a lot, but I didn't think it was anything special. But, now a Mille....that is a cool bike. I love watching Haga from Japan race the hell out of that bike in World Superbike. Troy Corser did good with it too!

Keep doing the trackdays, it is fun I've done a bunch of those. In Mpls there is one called Dakota Tech in Rosemount. Pay 40 bucks and ride all day. All the racers from CRA in Brainerd do it, I am one of those racers too. I'm just trying new tracks in Florida.

See you soon,

Goose
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Okay, I have to say, the mille.... AWESOME bike, handling was good... it was my first track day so I really didn't know what to expect, I came out of a corner and the mille really shook as I exited, and for me, it was a bit big... Now the falco fell right into the corners and took me away hehehe:D really though my body sunk into it like they made if for me LOL I fell in love the second I put my feet up (sounds romantic huh :laughing)

anyway, I have a friend that races CRA pete bohlig, you know him? The guys from the minnesota forum do a lot of those Dakota track days (SB.N guys, now at WS) anyway, I have yet to get out there, hopefully next year :D

laters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Hey folks, this is Bob from Bemidji, will be riding till there is standing snow up here. I know yamahagirl from when she was up here, so I have heard of quite a few of you from her.:redflip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yamahagirl said:
Okay, I have to say, the mille.... AWESOME bike, handling was good... it was my first track day so I really didn't know what to expect, I came out of a corner and the mille really shook as I exited, and for me, it was a bit big... Now the falco fell right into the corners and took me away hehehe:D really though my body sunk into it like they made if for me LOL I fell in love the second I put my feet up (sounds romantic huh :laughing)

anyway, I have a friend that races CRA pete bohlig, you know him? The guys from the minnesota forum do a lot of those Dakota track days (SB.N guys, now at WS) anyway, I have yet to get out there, hopefully next year :D

laters

Yup, I know Pete and Tim and the rest of the Nutsack racers. Tell him Jeff Sinna says hi next time you talk to them. Tim used to get all of my racing parts for me.

Hey if the Falco is a love affair, please don't let me interfere with you "putting you feet up", so to speak! =)

I have crashed two bikes at "Daytona" Tech, a '98 GSXR 600, and a '99 R6. The gixxer on the first turn after a few laps, and the R6 on the sharp right hander way to the right of the track.

I also know the guy that runs it now, Steve Bauman, I used to race with him too. He was very good, #1 novice CRA in 2000...but he had a lot of bikes. Others only raced one bike in one class, so of course he got more points.

Hey glad to meet you! Keep sending me messages, or if you want PM me. I love CF so far, how about you?



Goose
 

·
Bike Bastardizer
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
Hey Goose, I took NijaNick on the Ice cream run yesterday. :redflip

LOL, sorry man, just had ta pimp ya a little.
 

·
Bike Bastardizer
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
Goose, funny you should mention John and his Falco.
Did you know he highsided out at Daytona Tech? Bike was OK, but he broke his collar bone when it landed on him. DOH!
His boss is pushing him to sell it, because MotoPrimo doesn't sell them, and it doesn't look good for the sales manager to be riding somthing they don't sell. Whatever. He was talking about getting the new Duck 999. I told him if he did, I'd never come in for demo rides anymore. :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
V2Neal said:
Hey Goose, I took NijaNick on the Ice cream run yesterday. :redflip

LOL, sorry man, just had ta pimp ya a little.

Hey Neal,

Why ya gotta do that to me like that!!! My rear tire has such a flat spot down middle. Don't ever move to Florida and expect it to have the roads that we had up there. It doesn't even have cloverleaf's like the ones on 394 and Hwy 100. I can't even scrub in the tires on my new '01 R6.

Ah........the ice cream run.....ah the forest lake run.....ah Opus.....I could go on buts its torture!


Goose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
V2Neal said:
Goose, funny you should mention John and his Falco.
Did you know he highsided out at Daytona Tech? Bike was OK, but he broke his collar bone when it landed on him. DOH!
His boss is pushing him to sell it, because MotoPrimo doesn't sell them, and it doesn't look good for the sales manager to be riding somthing they don't sell. Whatever. He was talking about getting the new Duck 999. I told him if he did, I'd never come in for demo rides anymore. :laughing
Yeah someone told me that, I think it was Tracy. Bummer, I'm glad he's not messed up too bad. Maybe he SHOULD get something other than that Falco. Perhaps a GSX-R 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they sell those at MotoPrimo yet.

How was the Roys Trick Show? Oh that's right they postponed it to this coming Sun 11am-6pm, are you going?


goose
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Bobble said:
Hey folks, this is Bob from Bemidji, will be riding till there is standing snow up here. I know yamahagirl from when she was up here, so I have heard of quite a few of you from her.:redflip
Hey bobble!! :D


Neal.... are you buying him ice cream too!!! :p :D

Goose...I haven't talked to pete in awhile but I will shout at him and let him know you said "hi". Yeah this place is SWEET
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yamahagirl said:
Hey bobble!! :D


Neal.... are you buying him ice cream too!!! :p :D

Goose...I haven't talked to pete in awhile but I will shout at him and let him know you said "hi". Yeah this place is SWEET
:cool:
Cool yahamagirl....

Hey do you know how I look at the different names I get(under my name, above my avatar) as I post more and more.....?

What is the next level for me, 40 posts/50 posts.....maybe I'll just turn into a post whore and see.....


How are ya?

Goose
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
other then having a bike with absolutely NO front brakes right now, and I will not have a car after tomorrow, I am okay ;) :p

once you pass 10 posts you can change it to whatever you would like :D They are still working on the level name changes... I will fill ya in when I know :D

Your avatar kills me!! I can't stop staring :eek: :laughing
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Hey goose this is from rezin :D
as it stands now (Subject to change)

Extreme Newbie
(Minimum Posts: 0)

Curb Monkey
(Minimum Posts: 50)

Moped Rider
(Minimum Posts: 250)

Scooter Chaser
(Minimum Posts: 500)

Two Wheeled Demon
(Minimum Posts: 1000)

CF Junkie
(Minimum Posts: 2000)
 

·
Bike Bastardizer
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
Junkie here I come!

I am planning on going to Roys. It's supposed to be COLD! A high of 41 is what's predicted. Eeek!
I don't think I'm gonna ride. I might drive the van and video tape, but also take the pocket bike for some laughs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yamahagirl said:
other then having a bike with absolutely NO front brakes right now, and I will not have a car after tomorrow, I am okay ;) :p

once you pass 10 posts you can change it to whatever you would like :D They are still working on the level name changes... I will fill ya in when I know :D

Your avatar kills me!! I can't stop staring :eek: :laughing

Sorry, I've been over at www.stuntlife.com a lot lately...didn't mean to neglect you and Neal and the other MNers.

Yamaha Girl, you are going to have to do something about those front brakes, no car and no working bike is a BAD situation. Beg, borrow, or steal yourself some front brakes. Or sleep with a mechanic friend for brakes(did I say that outloud?)...I gotta use my "inside" voice next time.

About the Avatar, I stole it from someguy over at SBN and since I posted more I was more recognizable then him. I love it too, and I get SO many compliments on it. It's like a new skit everytime they roll around together, then they do something totally different.

Everybody likes SEX right, why not give it to them(in an avatar).....



Goose
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top