Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
**SNIPED**

**MOD EDIT** Quick explaination... I would have to move this to the Classifieds section, but since you are new, you need at least 50 posts to post a for sale thread there. So this thread needs to go bye bye. Rules are rules bro. If you have any questions, PM me.

-BordnBill

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
I have an interesting point/question...

Since NSR is no longer a "private" forum, does the 50 post rule still apply? Don't we have to follow the same rules as the rest of the board? I mean if we can't have selective banning why should we have selective rules?

Just wondering...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops didnt know, just trying to give a deal since i no longer have a bike, sorry for breaking the rules

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
mnewell said:
I have an interesting point/question...

Since NSR is no longer a "private" forum, does the 50 post rule still apply? Don't we have to follow the same rules as the rest of the board? I mean if we can't have selective banning why should we have selective rules?

Just wondering...

Come over to my place blow some smoke up my ass and we can talk about it... :eek

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
FWIW, its not uncommon for a site to require a user have 50 posts before posting something for sale. I know of several that require it. It eliminates people that may be out to scam other users. Thats all. :shrug

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
It also eliminates people from just signing up purely to sell something and not contribute to the forums.

I personally think it's a good rule.

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
I think it's a good rule too, but Mike's question wasn't about the quality of the rule. The question is, is it a CF-wide rule or just for our little slice of heaven? And if it's just for us then why? We can't have our own rules anymore so why still have this one? If it's an actual rule for CF site-wide then it's a moot point.

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
richardlpalmer said:
I think it's a good rule too, but Mike's question wasn't about the quality of the rule. The question is, is it a CF-wide rule or just for our little slice of heaven? And if it's just for us then why? We can't have our own rules anymore so why still have this one? If it's an actual rule for CF site-wide then it's a moot point.
:werd

Look in the CF Classifieds area and their rules. There is no 50 posts needed to sell rule.

And yeah, I think it's a good rule and I wholeheartedly agree with it. But if we are no longer a "private" area of CF, why can we have arbitrary rules that do not apply to other areas of CF?

Do you dig what I'm saying?

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
mnewell said:
:werd

Look in the CF Classifieds area and their rules. There is no 50 posts needed to sell rule.

And yeah, I think it's a good rule and I wholeheartedly agree with it. But if we are no longer a "private" area of CF, why can we have arbitrary rules that do not apply to other areas of CF?

Do you dig what I'm saying?
:redflip

Attachments

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Noodle is being argumentative to be argumentative. :shrug

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Damn ya think? Did you have to put on your sherlock holmes hat today to figure that one out :nanana

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
briF4i said:
Damn ya think? Did you have to put on your sherlock holmes hat today to figure that one out :nanana
Nope, just had to dumb myself down and pretend to be you. :twofinger

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Yeah, maybe so.

I know that it doesn't affect me personally but, I still think it's a valid point/question.

·
Or is it?
8,379 Posts
mnewell said:
Yeah, maybe so.

I know that it doesn't affect me personally but, I still think it's a valid point/question.
Very valid, I agree with noodle.

Can Rezin make the General Classifieds a 50 post count for all of CF.com? Makes sense... keep the trolls out. ;) I sometimes look in there for stuff and dont wanna buy from someone who has no interest in contributing to this place.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
so ok yeah what!!!??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts