Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we going to have anymore races there in October? Will the date on the November TBA race be announced soon? I need to get my bike issues sorted out so I can be ready for battle. I hated to miss the Beaver Run race and it was mostly due to the fact that my bike is not in top shape.:confused

Razor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey dude. Sorry you couldn't make it to Beaverun. That is a schweet track. Not sure what's gonna' happen for Monrovia. I'll get with Jay and find out.

X Man

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude. I'm sure our local sniper isn't helping things any.:ar15

Razor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
CAPRA NOV DATE

Monrovia's last official date is Oct. 27th. If you guys want, I can call Lisa and see if she can add a class for us, and we can run with the karts. It will be just like VPRL at Langley. Our other option is to rent out the track and hold a practice sometime in November. Let Rodney or I know what you guys want, and we can make arrangements. I will not be in town on the 27th, rather I will be in California at the WCMRA event.

CAPRA MEMBERS POINTS CHAMPIONS

OPEN CLASS CHAMPION: RAZOR - Pasini

PRODI CLASS CHAMPION: RODNEY - Polini

This was CAPRA's first full season. We organized, funded and ran our own events. This was quite a challenge because we knew little about racing and really had no help other than from those riders who volunteered between classes. However, our goal was to have fun and I think we accomplished that. We were able to award medals for each event and I know that was a nice gesture for the adults and meant the world to the kids.

Razor and Rodney won unanimously in their respective classes. Not only did they consistently perform well, but also they had the best attendance records of any other riders. Although we had many riders who raced at Monrovia, most were not CAPRA members, and thus were not eligible for the overall titles.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo Jay.

I won?:confused Dam you can't beat that with a bat.:flipoff I guess that shows you how much I keep up with the points standings.:laughing

Anyway, I would really just like to get a practice day in sometime soon. I still have some bike issue's that desperately need to be sorted out.:shrug As long as it's on a Sunday I don't care about the date. I'm sure I could talk the Pimp crew into coming if there is enough advance notice.:toothy Anybody want to chime in on this so we can get a date set.:hi

Razor.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: CONGRATS!

pocketbike said:
Congratulations on your win, Razor!

Congratulations on your win, Rodney!

-Marcelo
Thanks Bro.:cool I will have my people contact your people to renegotiate my contract.:redflip

Razor.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody want to chime in on the practice date?:confused

Razor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Monrovia Practice

Nov 9th or 10th would work for me. Much later may be a bit too cold.

Jay

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Monrovia Practice

Jay20 said:
Nov 9th or 10th would work for me. Much later may be a bit too cold.

Jay
Wich ever one is on a Sunday is good for me.:D Let me know the confirmed date when you get it.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry for the so-late response. I've been having trouble getting on the board. Thanks for the "atta boy" Marcelo. 11/10 works for me. I just hope decent enough to ride.

X Man

·
2 Times 50cc East Coast Champion
431 Posts
If is on sunday you can count the F & S team in.The F&S stands for father and son How you guys like that?Take care all e Razor congratulation and of course to you to Xman

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pocketbike21 said:
If is on sunday you can count the F & S team in.The F&S stands for father and son How you guys like that?Take care all e Razor congratulation and of course to you to Xman
Thanks Marco:D Nice to see you here bro. Looking forward to riding with you soon.

Razor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's up all you P-bike heads? I'm doing alright on this end, just been kinda busy. As for racing, I hope we can get another date or two in this year. Welll, I'm registered here so I promise to check in from time to time. Until we all meet again, be safe and remember it's no fun unless you get your knees dirty.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sheedo6 said:
What's up all you P-bike heads? I'm doing alright on this end, just been kinda busy. As for racing, I hope we can get another date or two in this year. Welll, I'm registered here so I promise to check in from time to time. Until we all meet again, be safe and remember it's no fun unless you get your knees dirty.
What's up fellow pimpster!!:D Nice to see you finally made it. Looks like we will be giving it hell at Monrovia again soon. I can't wait.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
552 Posts
sheedo6 said:
Holy crap!:eek The "Queen of the Desert" makes an appearance. :bouncy
Glad to see ya online, dude.

-Gimpy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey, thanks Marco. Hope to see you again soon. Of course you know, I'll be spending the whole off season strategizing on how to beat the pants off you next season. :eek Er....uh...wait a minute:( that didn't sound right.

Sup Sheedo. Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to all of us gettinig together one more time this go 'round.

X Man

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fall Fling!!!

Alright I am thinking of making one last trek this fall and Monrovia may be the place! How many people can you expect at the track. I may be able to hook up with a couple of other riders from our area and come out to take on the East Coast again! I had a great time last time I was there and would love to come out again.:cool So keep me posted so I can get a place to stay lined up.
Chuck Shorie
Team A.B.U.S.E.
(Adults Beating up Small Equipment)

2002 BeaveRun Points Championship winner!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nov date for Monrovia

Hey guys,

I just received a call from Monrovia saying that the 10th is out and Sunday is the 3rd our only option for an early Nov. date. Let me know how that will work.

This will be a get together to have fun and ride. I am sure we can have some fun racing, but not officially. I am not sure if we will be required to have a paramedic, if so, we will have to split the costs. The costs will depend on the # of riders, but I don't expect it to be more than $40 and could be as little as $30.

I will let you know the final details soon.

Regards,

Jay

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's cool with me Jay. Just let us know as soon as you can. I just want to make sure we give the other riders enough time to plan their trips.:D The Sunday following the 10th. could be a good date too. Just another option.

Razor.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts