1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Mile high club instructor
3,324 Posts
Holy Shit!!:eek

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I'd be very surprised if the guy on the bike was alive. Speaking from experience, it really sucks looking down on someone who was just in an accident and watching them die.

Hopefully it was quick. (It certainly appears so) RIP

·
Registered
95 Posts
Someone did a quick translation on another forum, here's what they got:

Chronological summary of important dialogue:

- the passanger in the car seems to be badly injured, the woman and bloodied guy are saying "don't move it, you might make it even worse" "mom, mom"..
- constant asking of "when's the ambulance going to be here?"
-they say "I'm thinking of doing CPR", "is his heart still beating?" and "I saw him shake", "he's not breathing"
-then they seem to be talking to bloodied boy: "were you driving?", he says "yes". then they say "you killed him", "who?", "you killed the motorcycle guy", bloody guy says "where??where are we? where are we comming from?"
(some unimportant talking)
-one of the bikers in midsentence is heard saying "from a race" while talking to someone - they were comming from a race, or they were racing...
-"this guy doesn't know what's going on"(young bloody guy, driver)
-later, pretty much everyone agrees "yeah, he's dead, look at his pulse

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I'm wondering if that car turned left in front of the bike. Judging by the distance of things I'd say they weren't going more than the speed limit there. Hard to tell though.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I know some bad shit can happen on the track but that makes me not want to get back on the street. :shake Thank you LSTD and Ridesmart.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
In what country did this take place? What was Fire Rescue's response time? 3 days?

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
well, the vid is only 7 min. long, so give them some time, they also seem to be out in BFE

i don't think they were going the speed limit.

·
Mad Hawk
5,313 Posts
Is it just me or would you expect to see that much damage to a car and bike from going only the speed limit???

I would think that the speed of impact would be well over the legal speed limit. But we have no idea what it would be over there....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Regardless, stick a fork in him. He's done.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Looks like the lady pulled out in front of him going by impact location.

·
Registered
962 Posts
RIP

I never want to see that video again.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Yeah I have seen a lot of crash vids but this one hits me for some reason. I don't want to be that guy.

·
You Want Me!!!
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If that were you or your buddy laying there would you want someone to tell you to put a fork in him or be glad he was on a yamaha?

I'd like to think he's just knocked out but i don't know. I'd also like to know why 90% of the time they're showing him he is by himself. I would be right by my boys side and not off smoking.

·
Win if you can, finish if you can't
1,958 Posts
Bashnir said:
I'd also like to know why 90% of the time they're showing him he is by himself. I would be right by my boys side and not off smoking.
Speaking from experience, you would be clueless as to what to do, just like those guys are. You run over to help when it first happens, but when there is no movement and there is no responce to yells, what are you supposed to do? You feel helpless. You can't talk to them, you can't take off helmet/move them at all. When I was in the same situation, we called 911 about 20 times within 10 minutes. Yelling at them "Why aren't you here yet!" just because we did not know what else to do...

Also, people were talking about the damage from the car being too much for a speed limit accident. I think that damage is about right. A 400lbs bike moving at 45 will put a serious hurting on a little coupe. The road looks like it is in the middle of no where, so it could even be a 55mph zone...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts