Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that did not see this over at the wera board, or posted in other areas, a truly moving event is happening. Complete details here: http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66519&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Mark, please sticky.

Thanks for reading and helping! :thumb

Custom Barnacle Bill Suit 5.00

here's the details. Christopher is a little 12 year old boy that lives ar the end of my road. he was born with a hole in his heart and underwent 4 major surgeries when he was just weeks old. during one of the surgeries he had a disabling stroke . he can walk but he can't run. he can't talk but he can sign language. his right arm is only 10% as his right leg. he loves nascar racing. he has 3 younger brothers that love him dearly and help him all they can. christphers parents are in their late 20's . his father works 2 jobs and his mother is a teacher's aid at the local school . they are active in their church youth groups and his father is working to become a minister. christopher now had a rare blood disorder. they removed his spleen last year but they just can't find out what is wrong. his white blood cell count is so low and his immune system so impared he can no longer go to school . needless to say all this has wrecked havoc on the families finances. I can't watch this young father carrying his son in his arms or the care the rest of the family shows for him without a tear coming into my eye. I just found out this morning that they had to let their car go back when the lease was up. they are using a loaner from her parents. I want and need to do something for them. I want the wera family to help me. I could just make a donation but i can take that same money and buy materials for a new custom suit . I did this for the airfence fund . help me do this for christopher and his family . every single penny of your 5 dollar donation will go to this family. I think enough of you know me to know this is true. I would think just send in your donation along with your name and address and phone number which will go into a general drawing and darethea can pick the recipient of the new suit right after the first of the year and then the details can be worked out then. it just feels like the right thing to do . I would really like to have a least a 1000 people donate and get into the pool. input is appreciated . I plan to do something even if this is a no go. tell me what you think. emails and phone calls are appreciated. I AM BARNACLE BILL my email is [email protected] my phone number is 859 336 7375 moderator if you have a heart you will stick this thread up at the top of the list. thak you all for your time. as always the best to all. barnacle bill and darethea

·
I wanna go faasssssst!!!
1,677 Posts
Done, I could use new leathers...

·
Lazy-Dog-Design.com
5,714 Posts
Done, even posted it on KawiForums and StuntLife. Best Christmas present I have given...besides, I could always use some leathers! Or tires, or fuel...bunch of give aways for a good cause.

·
Ride Red!
747 Posts
I made a donation on the second day of its running...and I don't usually donate anything. Not that I'm a tight-ass....oh, okay...maybe I am, but it goes to show how well the motorcycling community can pull together like this. BTW, Paypal alone is over $10000 right now, and probably another 3-5k in snail mail checks I think.

·
Lazy-Dog-Design.com
5,714 Posts
Over $15K now...more than $2100/ day going in. Also wanted to let you know, they have a site up if you wanna check it.

Fund For Chris

·
Lazy-Dog-Design.com
5,714 Posts
results are in!

maybe Dave was waiting for me to post these. but you guys have waited long enough. here are the results:

barnacle bill custom suit goes to...... denis yalkut of AL
10 X10 floor to...................................richard basger
track day package..............................kyle carver
wounded duck t-shirts to...................mike carter
and...larry de anda
vortex clip ons or rear sets or VP gas...victor burns ( no relation)
dunlop tires...........................................mark boucher
performance exhaust coatings certificates...dustin ahrens
randolph hensen
douglas sheets
james holt
john espinoza
ferodo brake discount certificates.................phillip gordon
keith reed
david crandall
jennifer vogt

thes last 9 people need to send me their addresses so I can mail their certificates to them. email [email protected]
thanks to all that participated and gave from their hearts. I work for some of the best people in the world! God Bless you all.
barnacle bill and darethea

Note from Skiv...thanx to all who donated. I know I didn't win anything, but I don't mind, still was great helping that boy!
PayPal total alone was $13,835!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.