Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmmmm...I can smell the coffee already.

What is the "official" time that people start showing up? You all know that Weds nites hockey is on (season starting TONIGHT) and the earlier the better! (you wonder why I lame out on bike nites??) I know, I know, there is always Saturday nite, too.

-Shell

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
s_vee said:
Mmmmm...I can smell the coffee already.

What is the "official" time that people start showing up? You all know that Weds nites hockey is on (season starting TONIGHT) and the earlier the better! (you wonder why I lame out on bike nites??) I know, I know, there is always Saturday nite, too.

-Shell
Funny.. I remember you "laming out" even when it WASN'T hockey season... :redflip :D

Count me out for tonight.. I gotta go home and change the oil in my scooter and pack for vacation.. it's my turn to lame out... :)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Assuming I get the front wheel business straightened out on my ride I'll be there w/a guest :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, what's up with the wheel?

Oh - and has Greg made it over here yet?

-S

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Greg is "Adeptus_Minor" or some such now... He went thru an identiy crisis or something having a Yammie name and a Zook bike. :laughing

Front wheel business = rounded the bolts on my front axle taking the wheel off. I've got two possible replacement axles, but I'd rather use one over the other but it needs a special tool. ('02 Gixxer 600 hex-style axle, instead of the traditiional one that it came with)...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Oops, left a bit out... If my friend John doesn't show up w/the tire tool for the gixxer600 (my homemade one broke) then I'll have to borrow a 'busa axle (same as my old one) and get IT put on. But that means driving to Pfluegerville before bike-night. :treadmill

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, hope you can make it. Good luck on the fix.

-S

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Bah. If I bought a Honda I'd be stuck to the parts from one bike and one bike only. At least when the zook breaks I've got options and alternatives. :p

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
AdamTLS said:
Bah. If I bought a Honda I'd be stuck to the parts from one bike and one bike only. At least when the zook breaks I've got options and alternatives. :p
I dunno.. if the entire front end from a 2001 bike fits a 1988 bike, Honda couldn't have made the parts TOO different... :redflip :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Yes, but you can't replace any parts on that front end from any other year. :)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I'm going to lame out tonight as well. I will be working with vagabond, getting the scoots ready for our trip Friday. :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Heh, well, my tool never arrived and the guy w/the spare axle won't be home till 7pm... If I make bike night it'll be in time to go to Fudrucker's or something. :laughing

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Well, I made it but only Josh and Hawker were there. :p

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got there at about 5:30 looking to take a front parking spot for us - the lot was FULL. By about 6:30 there were 8 of us there. Coffee was STRONG and I didn't eat dinner. WHOA! Sonic made it - it was cool to see him! I left about 7:20 - not sure who all went to Fudruckers from that group. Phil was there with his custom chopper - and I'm not even gonna tell ya what it cost. Small group but we had a nice visit.

-S

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Shell: Sorry, I just had the wheel back on the bike by about 7:30. We didn't get to Mozart's till almost 8. :(

Reyn: OH MY GOD. There's simply no comparison. The tires are glued to the road, but the bumps disappear at the clipons. It's really undescribable. Absolutely the best money I've spent on the bike *ever*. Makes the back end feel like a dingy in a hurricane.
Now if I would have only read my email from Traxxion correctly... :( My Penske rear shock arrives Friday ... AT TRAXXION. Hopefully it will go out Friday as well, but Max couldn't promise it (though he said they'd try). So hopefully I'll have it Tuesday/Wednesday next week...

And man, the motorwork...
WOW. That's all I have to say.

·
Fine wine expert
3,306 Posts
AdamTLS said:
Shell: Sorry, I just had the wheel back on the bike by about 7:30. We didn't get to Mozart's till almost 8. :(
You must have just missed us. I think we (5 of us) left just before 8 to grab a bite to eat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts