Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bored at work so i thought i'd post these.

2002 SV650:

and the chicken strips:
right:

left:

·
Registered
164 Posts
love the black!

I have a yellow one, and the more I see the black ones, the more I like them :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'VE SEEN WORST STRIPS SO DON'T FEEL BAD

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, like every bike I see including mine has worse strips.

·
Graphic support
1,525 Posts
I agree, I've seen much worst. But try to focus more on the riding, and not the strips. :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
yeah because if you don't you'll end up like me

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bike looks good!

The bike looks sweet man! As for the chicken strips, that looks to be about right for street riding. If you got your rear tire worn clear to the edge, then you've left yourself zero margin for anything unexpected! That just isn't wise on the street. Like in the previous post, focus on the riding and not the chickens!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I agree as well to many ppl taks BS about it just keep riding.

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the comments, and i do agree. fortunatly i ride with guys who dont care about that sort of thing. while out on the ride the strips are not even close to being on my mind. i focus on the ride 110%, however i do check them after the ride just as a reference to how far im getting over to make sure im not pushing to much. i feel very comfortable at those lean angles, and although the stock mez4's havent slipped on me once while pushing it, i still dont feel very comfortable with the tires. im gonna pick up some m1's next season even though i only have 5k on the mez4's. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
i do too much highway riding, and not enough "fun" riding, so I've got like 6,500 on my MZ4's, and besides the flattening out, they've got plenty of tread left :)

·
Skipper: USS ST.N
788 Posts
X Racer said:
Only 5k ?? Damn, wish I could ever see some milage out of tires like that... My stock 207's on the gixxer were toast after 2200 miles....
D207s and MEZ4s are not the same tire, not everyone rides the same bike, same weight, same conditions, same suspension setup, etc...

I hate the MEZ4s on my VFR. They're getting burned in effigy when spring rolls around. :mad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Chammer I think you will be most pleased with the M1s stickyness but you wont see the same life out of them as you did your mez4s.

·
Graphic support
1,525 Posts
Chammer I think you will be most pleased with the M1s stickyness but you wont see the same life out of them as you did your mez4s.
That's for sure.. I'm picking up some M1s for next season. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
those are not chick strips man...... everything is about how much air you have on your back tire..... i have seen guys who rides a block or two with half air on tires and then show how fast they were!!!!

BullS!! ride the way you like and stay safe

you dont have to be brave to finish the tires .. just expirience!!!:D

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speed_Junkie said:
those are not chick strips man...... everything is about how much air you have on your back tire..... i have seen guys who rides a block or two with half air on tires and then show how fast they were!!!!

BullS!! ride the way you like and stay safe

you dont have to be brave to finish the tires .. just expirience!!!:D
well, first of all i rode it down to that point. i didnt do some lame squid crap. :D

secondly, i dunno, experience wont overcome the fact if i get any further over hard parts will be scraping. not to mention the mistrust i have the mez4's at being able to stick with virtually no contact patch. i dunno though, maybe all i need is a few good long tight sweepers. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts