Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

My Brain Hurts

2K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  Techy 
#1 ·
Let's try this.

This will be a thread to pour out your troubled thoughts and odd viewpoints on the world. What are your ideas. Be original.

I'll start.

A friend of mine is about to have a baby. He was trying to think of what to name the child, and he came up with quite a few ideas. However, all of his ideas were the usual names that everyone already has. He wanted something a bit different.
I thought of the idea to name the child a color....but not a color such as Yellow or Green. Instead, the child would be named the color you see. It would be a visual name that could only be "pronounced" by seeing the color.

So, if the child's name was the color blue, you would hold up a blue card when you wanted them to respond. If you needed to yell their name, you would hold up a much larger card. If you were whispering to them before they fell to sleep, you would hold up a very very small card. You would be uanble to ever speak the child's name, because it is only a name that you can see....not one that you could ever say.

It could present problems, though. For instance, if a friend of their's called for them, they would say something to the effect of, "Hi. May I please speak to...." They'd be holding up the card when they've paused, but you wouldn't be able to see this. Perhaps there would be some sort of decimal system that would be the spoken version of the kid's name. For instance, 23343777288898.87880-2229.1123.113990 would be the spoken version of the kid with the blue name.

See less See more
#9 ·
Alright..... (throws hand in the air and sits back in the chair....)

I'm lost!:confused

#12 ·
Why do they call a driveway a drive way...
And a highway a parkway...
A driveway should be a parkway..
and a parkway should be a driveway...

that has always bothered me for some reason...

#15 ·
Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?

Why do they call them apartments when they are all together?

:confused

#17 ·
Sean said:
You could call him #0060C6. Or Pantone 300 CVC.
then the irish catholics and hispanics would need a whole swatch book or one of those fans. the colorblindness does present a problem. plus, you'd have to carry around so many damned cards when you met new people. the upside is that they wouldn't forget your name, although they may misplace it.

#18 ·
Techy said:
Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?

Why do they call them apartments when they are all together?

:confused
Ok you have a legitimate question with the TV, but apartments are all together, plural form= apartments.

#21 ·
ziadel said:
how can you critique such cheesy jokes?? :laughing
I takes tallent.

#24 ·
BABETTE said:
Minus the intelligence, you spelled it wrong. ;) :laughing
Computer geek, not english professor.

#26 ·
ok, say this idea takes off, and now the world has to carry a crate of colored cards with them everywhere.... wouldn't people be upset that their 'names' are the paints on vehicles, and where exactly would you put your crate of names when you are riding your bike?:confused

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.