Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My life has been crazy the last few hours... I have been approved by the United States Coast Guard to join my brand new Norwegian Cruise Line! :)

So I leave January 8th and I will be away a lot over the next several months and plenty over 2005....

So we'll have to find someone else to keep Miss Judy in line during my time away.... Can we have some volunteers please... :nanana

In all seriousness though, I'm excited as can be! Even though I won't be around here much at all starting in Mid-January, please know y'all are in my thoughts and prayers... I will miss our daily fun on here, but know I'm doing what I think is best for my career. And please know that when i get a free chance to log on from port, I will... :D

As of this moment, I'm still gonna remain a Moderator unless Rezin has other plans, but STeed and Schwagoo may have to work a little harder now in my absence... ;)

·
Friend of sinners
3,714 Posts
I can moderate if you'd like. I'm on here enough... :laughing

Glad to see things are working out for you! Of course, I'm curious about the x-ray bit, too... what's the news there?

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With regards to the XRay, I'm still going to the Doctor next week... However, they have told me that its nothing major, probably just scar tissue or something minor like that... They did thorough tests all over. If it was something major, I would have never been approved! ;)

So good news all around for me! :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Jay, You have been great here on the forum. You have always added something to it most every day. Will miss reading you regular post and the many topics you find and post here.
I know you will enjoy the job you are about to start and will be an asset to the cruise line.
I hope you really like the new job. I remember being told by a couple of wise old men once that "If you find a job or line of work you really enjoy, you will never work another day of your life.
Was hoping you would be making it back to Deals Gap in May 2005. but it sounds like we will be missing you again. Maybe 2006.
OH, about those 2 comp. cruise tickets, you can just mail those to me:p !
We will miss you man!

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jason said:
why wouldn't the boat have satellite Internet connections?
It does, but its too expensive.... Its like 2 bucks a minute and I'm not paying for that..... So I'm gonna take some time off instead... We all need some time away once in a while....

Today is my last day of internet and my flight leaves at 9:15 tomorrow morning.... Peace all, God Bless and be safe.... I'll be in touch... -Jay

·
Friend of sinners
3,714 Posts
See ya, Jay! Take your computer and write up accounts for us for when you get back to shore!

Take this new job and LOVE it!

:hi

·
The Bible Thumper
1,797 Posts
Goobye captain. May all go well. :)

In Him,
Matt

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cacklewack said:
Goobye Guliver. May all go well. :)

In Him,
Matt
Bui Bui now.... Don't be a Jonah:eek

·
Moderator,
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well in case you haven't heard, the only place I'm departing to is Florida... I have a thread in the GrandStands on what happened.... I'll be in West Melbourne on Monday...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.