Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Durka Durka!
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you may or may not know, last year i broke my leg and tore my ACL and PCL. i healed up and went on to ride more wheelies and later broke my collar bone, etc etc etc....

Now then, this cold ass weather has been makin my knee really sore!! do any of you have a similar problem? how did you work with it? heat packs? aspirin? exercise?

It doesn't get in the way much, but it is a bit irritating, and at times VERY painful....

·
stupid people suck....
3,464 Posts
BT's help. :D

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
DRS said:
BT's help. :D
:laughing Assuming he can stand up to hit the 5 footer :p

Seriously though - I get the same thing with my wrist. I find that stretching it out seems to help.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
my shoulder still hurts from my accident last year.....sometimes i take alleve but most of the time i just end up waiting for it to go away even if its really bad.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You could try glucosamene (forgive the spelling) or Move Free (from costco). I have bad knees too and im hitting stairs all day at work.:mad

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a total knee replacement done last year and was doing fine, till i got in an accident this past August and now its bothers me constintly. Just take some oxycotin and a few beers and you'll be fine.

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
Ugh Oxycontin is some of the nastiest most addictive painkillers on the planet. :rant

Don't touch that shit Omar - it's pharmacutical heroin.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Smokin_Joe said:
You could try glucosamene (forgive the spelling) or Move Free (from costco). I have bad knees too and im hitting stairs all day at work.:mad
That stuff works for me too. It is a pain in the ass though because you have to take it every day and you won't even notice a difference for at least a week.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
damn, you guys are seriously starting to scare me talking about your knees hurting because of the weather. :eek

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
WA//M said:
damn, you guys are seriously starting to scare me talking about your knees hurting because of the weather. :eek
It is fairly common, hell my whole body hurts when it gets cold and rainy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My collar bone has been aching the last few cold ass days..
This is first winter since the PB wreck @ Bluvillians B-day..
My cure is also some fatty BT's and a couple of Cervezia, ache goes away instantly...:laughing :laughing
:devilfing

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Same here. My knee kills me in cold damp weather. Back too sometimes. Mostly my knee though. I've been known to have to take a day or two off sometimes and just keep it immobile, warm and dry. My all time best remedy was my hot tub, couple of tylenol and stay off it. Streching helps sometimes. But I always gotta put on the muscle hot cream afterwards.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've worn down most of my tissue in my knees from too much excercise and bad luck in the gene pool. When my knees act up I take 350mg of naproxin (a pain reliever and anti-inflamatory) two to three times per day which takes care of swelling and aching.

-Kate

·
Registered
627 Posts
my arm hurts like a bitch every once in a great while... cant wait until i get old. . .:mad ooh well such is life. i dont take anything. but then ive never been called smart.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I broke my neck and hand really bad (mostly hamburger) 10 years ago when the pain gets really bad I take two 250 mg tylenols and it makes it much better. I used to take ibuprophen but that doesnt work so good anymore. I fyou take the ib take 800 mg that the perscription strength and it workd well for 10 years.

·
book a show,i promise i wont crash
1,072 Posts
Romeo said:
as some of you may or may not know, last year i broke my leg and tore my ACL and PCL. i healed up and went on to ride more wheelies and later broke my collar bone, etc etc etc....

Now then, this cold ass weather has been makin my knee really sore!! do any of you have a similar problem? how did you work with it? heat packs? aspirin? exercise?

It doesn't get in the way much, but it is a bit irritating, and at times VERY painful....
DR.GREEN IS IN and i perscibe more wheelies,try some 12's hit a couple circles and call me in the morning:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts