Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i made the decision to trade the R6 in on something a little more upright but something i can have fun on and boy did i find the right bike . It is a Yamaha XT660X Supermotard. Took it for a run today and wow i had a ball . Was worried i did the wrong thing but now i know i should have done it ages ago

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the upright position of the bike, i feel like i have alot more control over it. I can throw it into a corner with alot more confidence than i ever did on the R6. The suspension just soaks up the bumps in the road making it alot more enjoyable than i could have imagined, i went faster than i have ever gone on one section of road today and felt i could have gone faster. David said he couldn't have gone much fast through there behind me on his zx6r. :D

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Yeah it is a great bike :) I had fun on it.. With the little turn I had yesterday...

Michelle did really great today.. The bike suits her well..

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Very cool, Mitch! Don't have too much fun now, you hear? :D

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
:woot Congrats on the new bike! :clap The more good things I hear about Motards, the more I want one. :D

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Nice Bike!! Is that a new model? I haven't seen that here yet, but then again, I haven't looked in a few months. I would definately consider that, did you look into any of the other supermotards out there? DRZ650? That is the one, I almost rode off with last year.

Nice to hear about your good experiences with it! :) I am going to do a little search and see if I can't find one around here!

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Looks like we can't get them here :( What a bummer!!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
yamahagirl said:
Looks like we can't get them here :( What a bummer!!
I went to the IMS Show today to look at dual sports and such. I found only a few that I could touch well enough to feel comfy.

Yamaha XT225, but the Suzukis I was really impressed with. They had 2 I could "buy and ride", but the one I REALLY liked was a bit too tall for comfort.
DR650SE, I could touch well enough to feel comfy on, and I grinned just sitting on it.
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/DR650SEK6/Default.aspx

This one I would need a bit lower, but she really caught my eye!

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/DRZ400SMK6/Default.aspx

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
The DRZ400sm is the one I was going to buy, I must have been thinking KLR650, anyway, I loved that bike, just sitting on it, but was swayed away by a buddy of mine who thought I would like a KTM modded better. :shrug I ended up with neither. :(

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone, i will try to not have much fun on it :D . The seating height is quite tall but luckly i have long legs but i am a bit tippy toed on it.
I rode the DRZ400SM aswell (a guy at work has one) but i just feel in love with this one the first time i saw it and it has a bit more power than the 400 but also is quite a bit heavier. Overall though it is a very nice bike. Pitty you guys can't get it over there, i am sure they would sell really well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts