Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Back in the Saddle
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up Friday. An 03 V-strom 1000. Just over 5k on it and lots of farkles. I can't wait to take this thing cross-country (CA to OK) next month. One more asethically challenged Suzuki in my garage:laughing

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
busarider1 said:
One more asethically challenged Suzuki in my garage:laughing
Hey! My garage resembles that remark! :laughing

Congrats Russ! Ready to do a little sport-tourin' on that baby this summer? :D

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Woohoo! Congrats to the new member of the family! :D

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
damn that sucker looks comfortable

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
I don't know if it's just the way the seat looks or if it's actually a low seat height on that bike, but it looks like I could probably flat foot that baby! :eek :)

Congrats on the purchase! :clap What is the seat height on it? :confused

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

Stroms are like Jeeps, not the prettiest things in the world, but they get the job done.

Looks like you have a Corbin on there and some aftermarket bars?

Good Luck with it.

·
Back in the Saddle
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SV_Rogue said:
I don't know if it's just the way the seat looks or if it's actually a low seat height on that bike, but it looks like I could probably flat foot that baby! :eek :)

Congrats on the purchase! :clap What is the seat height on it? :confused
The seat is a custom corbin (previous owner rode to factory to have it done) that makes it a bit lower in the seat. I can easily flat-foot it now but I am 6'2". Hell, Gixster may even be able to flat-foot it and he ain't the most vertical of people!:nanana

I am going to do some serious touring this year on it. Have to make up for my year of being bikeless in Iraq. Can't wait to get some hard luggage for it.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
busarider1 said:
The seat is a custom corbin (previous owner rode to factory to have it done) that makes it a bit lower in the seat. I can easily flat-foot it now but I am 6'2". Hell, Gixster may even be able to flat-foot it and he ain't the most vertical of people!:nanana

I am going to do some serious touring this year on it. Have to make up for my year of being bikeless in Iraq. Can't wait to get some hard luggage for it.

Gixster's not the only vertically challenged person. I'm barely over five foot tall with a 25 inch inseam. :shake I had problems flat footing my hubby's old cruiser. :(

Congrats, again. If you're ever this way (on the bike) look me up! I'd love to see it (and sit on it just to see if I can touch)! :) :laughing

·
Back in the Saddle
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SV_Rogue said:
Gixster's not the only vertically challenged person. I'm barely over five foot tall with a 25 inch inseam. :shake I had problems flat footing my hubby's old cruiser. :(

Congrats, again. If you're ever this way (on the bike) look me up! I'd love to see it (and sit on it just to see if I can touch)! :) :laughing
I'll drop you a line when I roll out that way. Plan on riding thru LA sometime this year.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Deal! Drink on me! :toast That is, if ya drink. If not. . . how bought a moon pie and a cream soda? :D

·
Back in the Saddle
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't like the moon pies:barf But I'll take a drink anytime!

·
Registered
59 Posts
busarider1 said:
Picked this up Friday. An 03 V-strom 1000. Just over 5k on it and lots of farkles. I can't wait to take this thing cross-country (CA to OK) next month. One more asethically challenged Suzuki in my garage:laughing

Taxi :laughing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts