Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go ahead, say it all you like :basil , regardless of copyrighted content and who's accessing it I am pissed at the MPAA taking out Suprnova.org. I don't watch much tv or movies, but I used suprnova for a lot of other bittorrent stuff. I don't think technically they were doing anything illegal either, they weren't hosting any copyrighted content. :rant :rant

----------
From http://news.com.com/BitTorrent+file-swapping+networks+face+crisis/2100-1025_3-5498326.html :

Last week, the Motion Picture Association of America launched a series of worldwide legal actions, aimed at people who ran the infrastructure for BitTorrent networks being used to distribute movies and other copyrighted materials without permission.

The MPAA's actions have put pressure on a short list of large Web sites that had served as hubs for the BitTorrent community and that had operated for months or even years. Many of those sites have now vanished almost overnight, including the SuprNova.org site that was by far the most popular gathering point for the community, serving more than a million people a day, according to one academic study.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Thats why I wont pay to see a movie in a theator or buy another CD, EVER!
They already make millions a year and they want more. How about they lower the price of this stuff so its reasonable again, and people might actually want to pay 9.99 for a CD, instead of 15.99 or some shit like that. And DVD's 24.99, GTFOH (get the fuck outa here)
I mean,the cost to make DVD's and CD's has come way down. It can be done from home now. Not on some 100,000$ machine. So all that extra loot goes straight to an artist that can only make one CD, become a millionare and is never heard from again. What happen to the days of being in the music business for years before you became somebody! You know, like actual work! :mad

Bunch of overpaid high school drop outs, talking about rollin on 24s in their Rolls.

But Im not bitter. :laughing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts