Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do a presentation for my management class earlier today. I got permission from the prof to bring my bike into the classroom. When I pushed it in, everyone went wide-eyed. They all enjoyed the presentation and I even allowed some of them to sit on it and run through the process of starting it. I didn't let them start it of course. In a full classroom full of 40 people, I don't think it'd be too good an idea to release large amounts of carbon monoxide. After the presentation I pushed the bike out of the room into an open hallway/lobby of the building. After class when I went to it, this one lady came up to me and said "That bike is hot, I was very tempted to get on it." I just laughed.

As for the presentation, I think I did a good job. I went over the basic concepts of it, such as the controls, riding techniques (countersteering, using the front/rear brake, taking corners, and leaning). And I stressed safety to them over and over again. I hope I was able to lessen some of their fears and maybe convince them to start riding.

I was pretty nervous that I'd bomb out, but everything went well. I was pretty proud of myself.:cool

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Now that is pimp
I had to do one of those beofore, I tought people the rules of wrestling then demonstrated some moves on a blow up doll and this hot girl in the class
It was fun
Hope you get an A

Peace Out

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I can't believe you wheeled the bike into class.

Anyway, when I was in college, I always did presentations on car stuff. Fuel control, how A/C works etc. I know this stuff like the back of my hand so all that I would have to do is write a 2 minute intro and 1 minute conclusion to make it sound nice. I always got A's on them because I never used note cards or notes of any type.

When you have a subject that your comfortable with, you always will do a better job at presenting.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
101ZX9rdude said:
I can't believe you wheeled the bike into class.

Anyway, when I was in college, I always did presentations on car stuff. Fuel control, how A/C works etc. I know this stuff like the back of my hand so all that I would have to do is write a 2 minute intro and 1 minute conclusion to make it sound nice. I always got A's on them because I never used note cards or notes of any type.

When you have a subject that your comfortable with, you always will do a better job at presenting.
Yeah I totally agree. I was very comfortable with the topic since we were allowed to choose our own. I didn't rehearse or anything. I figured if I tried to rehearse, I'd only make myself more nervous and wind up forgetting. I even made up my intro and conclusion on the spot and it all worked well.

·
Registered
726 Posts
An EX500 is Hot? :laughing

You referred to her as a "lady":laughing
What, was she like 20 years older than you or what?:confused

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cappy said:
An EX500 is Hot? :laughing

You referred to her as a "lady":laughing
What, was she like 20 years older than you or what?:confused
Yeah I think she was atleast 20 years older than me.:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Stuntin presentation would've wwrrocked!
You shoulda fired her up and did a burnout out the class, down the hall, and across campus that woulda been A+:thumb

Was this lady who was 20 years older than you a teacher or a student?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
101ZX9rdude said:
Actually, you should of done a stunting presenation:laughing
You know, I actually have this idea that maybe some campus should host a little motorcycle convention. The students could bring their bikes, do a few demo rides, have some games and stuff for the kiddies, and perhaps a small stunt show. It could easily be organized in a stadium parking lot and it would generate good publicity and the profits can be put towards a charity or anything. But probably still a little risky though. But a stunting presentation would be cool.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cappy said:
Stuntin presentation would've wwrrocked!
You shoulda fired her up and did a burnout out the class, down the hall, and across campus that woulda been A+:thumb

Was this lady who was 20 years older than you a teacher or a student?
:laughing As I picture it happening, I can't stop laughing. That would be awesome!

Yeah the lady was some student I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts