Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my student to school yesterday and gave him the gifts I bought with everyone's help. I'll explain later why I didn't wait until Christmas.

I bought him his usual 6 McChicken sammiches and McFlurry. He was happy just to get that much. Then I asked him to get me something out of one of my closets where I had his gifts hidden. He looked at them, then at me prolly 3 times and then started crying like he had just learned there really was a Santa Claus. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to react. I told him to take them down and get to opening. I explained about the whole situation and about the people from here pitching in to help. His reaction was more tears. Remember, this is a 16 year old boy who tries to act tough, but knows he isn't a street rat like his friends. He had 3 boxes. His eyes were huge the whole time.

I couldn't wait to give him the gifts because he told me his grandma, he calls her mom because he was abandoned, was going down to East St. Louis to see family and he didn't know if he could go with or not. I drove he and grandma to Chicago, to the Greyhound station because it was like $50 less to leave from there than it was from home and bought Louis a ticket to go with his grandma. I also gave him a few dollars for his pocket and bought him minutes for his cell phone before he left. He didn't know what to say with me buying his ticket. I told him "my friends at Cycle Forums are paying for this one. Have a good time." He met a brother for the first time yesterday. His older brother is 18 and from what I've heard, a good kid now that he's grown up a little bit. He cried when I told him he could go with grandma. He had a bag packed, but his gma told him it would depend on the price. I might have had to bring him home. She knew I was buying the ticket, but wanted it to be a surprise.

Excessa sent some amazing cookies and something else. He wouldn't let me see because he knew I would try to get something. He gave me a, ONE, cookie. It was great. He told me to send a big thank you and a hug. I had to promise to put up the cards in my office, which I'll do the next time I get to school.

There's more I want to say, but this is more than enough, for now. Thanks to everyone and anyone for the help and prayers for this young man. He had the best Christmas imaginable. The best he's ever had. The whole thing really makes the holiday a lot better for me.

Jaxson, the shirt, socks, and card arrived yesterday afternoon. He'll get those when he returns after Christmas. Thanks a ton.

Here are a couple pics. He wouldn't let me take many because he kept tearing up.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
last one, for now...

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
No Joey, thank you for letting us help! *group hug*

(i'm tearing up just reading this... but happy tears!)

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
:thumb :thumb

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Damn, I think thats the first thing that has truly touched my heart this season....

Hats off to Jester and everyone who helped this kid out. :thumb

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Notice in the first pics that he is wearing the same clothes as the pics from last week. That's all he has. 2 hoodys, 2 pair of jeans, and that head thing that "I wouldn't know nuthin about" whatever that means.

I also bought him a really cool Animal sport watch, and a discman. I forgot batteries:rolleyes , so he let me get him an 8 pack and a Barry White cd. I questioned the Barry White, but he said "You wouldn't know nuthin about this. This is black folk music." Sometimes I hate this kid:D :D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
:clap :clap :clap Well let me know if he doesn't get home safe because if he doesn't I'll drive to Chicago... It's only a little ways away. :) I'm so happy he's happy! :)

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WTF!!!! As I was typing the last thing, he called from down there to say he got there alright and he was so happy he could be there with his family. He's bored because it's cold, but happy nonetheless. He told me to tell my wife thanks and said he owes her a hug and then said "tell your friends I say thanks. Don't tell em I cried. I'm a grown ass man. But tell them I said thanks."

I was waiting for my thanks...........nothing. I get nothing, but "could you put some more minutes on my phone?" What a punk. Now I have to drive 15 miles for that pain in my ass. :rant :rant

j/k

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Jester27 said:
Don't tell em I cried. I'm a grown ass man. But tell them I said thanks."
:crackup

Thats a goo story, what Christmas is all about. :thumb

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ur such a sweet guy....and he's a good looking kid.....

I didnt get to send anything because I found out late as usual....But I'll have Speed send ya a couple of bucks so u can keep the kid fed and minutes on his phone.

·
Registered
21,038 Posts
Whew.. that was a tear-jerker..
I guess I should've read more of the other posts.. Jester, what is your paypal account.. I want to send some money. --
I'm so happy that he's having a Merry Christmas..

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Jester27 said:
WTF!!!! "Don't tell em I cried. I'm a grown ass man."
I'm more of a breast man myself, but I suppose if I saw one nice enough... :laughing

It's a great thing to hear around this time, and he looks like a decent kid who's just got the short end of the stick. Glad to hear he's not giving up, and my hat's off to you Jester for getting this all together!

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Hey_Yvette said:
But I'll have Speed send ya a couple of bucks so u can keep the kid fed and minutes on his phone.
Yeah. I'll send what was going to be for one of Yvette's Red Lobster Dinners that I owe her.

I love what we do here at CF for each other and other people.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.