Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from doing Keith Code's Superbike School and had an absolute blast. I have done other schools and this one was head and shoulders above others and would highly suggest this one to anyone. It is expensive, but well worth the cost. By the second session on the track I was able to get my knees down (although the pics don't show it). And by the end of the day I was able to get them down at will and carry it throughout the entire turn. Damn, did I have a smile on my face all day long. Enjoy the pics.

Pic 1

·
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
code school

karl:

no that is my sv. They use zx 6r as the school bikes. The school runs about $500/day. Now my turn to ask you a question. How would I make one of these pics my avatar?

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
first you have to shirnk it with photshop(MS Paint works, but will make the pic blurry when shrunk that small).
then click on "User CP" at the top, the click "edit options", then at the bottom click change avitar and link it from a website, or upload it from your hard drive.

BTW, to get it shrunk post the pic you want with a request here:
http://66.216.90.251/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=107

·
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

i posted it over there

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Hey citidel, where did you go?

I am thinking about taking it in CA, but I don't know how long you have to register before actually taking the class. How many slow fucks were out there or was everyone pretty decent.

·
Moderator,
9,884 Posts
101ZX9rdude said:

I am thinking about taking it in CA, but I don't know how long you have to register before actually taking the class. How many slow fucks were out there or was everyone pretty decent.
The biggest complaint I've seen about CSS is that they don't try to seperate the slower and faster riders in Level 1. I didn't find it that big of a deal having to pass people, but there were a few times when I got stuck going slower than I would have liked in a few sections.

·
Registered
860 Posts
101ZX9rdude said:

My guess would be the North Florida Motorsports Park in Jennings, FL, Oct 3-4. I was supposed to go but it was not to be. Maybe next time.

I know mdrums (red 998) was supposed to go.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
:thumb

Sweet! They cancelled the Code school at Cresson (TX) that I wanted to go to...looks like you had fun and learned a LOT...awesome!!

·
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
101ZX9rdude said:

ya, I went to N. FL. I think I registered just two weeks before the class, nonetheless, it wasn't a long time. Well, I saw that someone posted that there were some "slower" guys in level I (everyone has to start there for their first time). But for the most part, I would say everyone there was pretty serious. I took Pridmore's school and you could not believe how slooooooww some people can be. Just pick your places to pass and you should be fine, if they are slow the best place to take them is in the corners. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

·
Registered
860 Posts
citadel650 said:
ya, I went to N. FL. I think I registered just two weeks before the class, nonetheless, it wasn't a long time. Well, I saw that someone posted that there were some "slower" guys in level I (everyone has to start there for their first time). But for the most part, I would say everyone there was pretty serious. I took Pridmore's school and you could not believe how slooooooww some people can be. Just pick your places to pass and you should be fine, if they are slow the best place to take them is in the corners. If you have any more questions, just let me know.
Was there a guy name Mike Carter there? He was supposed to go and I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet. He was mdrums on SBN and has a red 998 biposto.

·
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Krik_6R said:
Was there a guy name Mike Carter there? He was supposed to go and I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet. He was mdrums on SBN and has a red 998 biposto.

honestly, I dunno. They had us divided into three different groups.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm curious..what other schools did ya go to..?
by the way.....Nice pic's...:D

·
12,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
schools I have done

Reg Pridmore's
Experienced Rider-MSF (if you really want to count that)
Kevin Scwantz (taking that next May 2day @ Road Atlanta)
and of course Keith Code's school

IMO, taking these schools will make you alot faster than any mod that you could do to your bike. Seriously, I bought my first bike in February and I got my knee down in October....not too bad if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
COOL I'd really like to do that school! Good pics! What kind of bikes were people riding??

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
Re: schools I have done

I hate to inform you that draggin' your knee doesn't necessarily constitute going fast.

Learning how to take corners and picking entrances and exits will make you go a lot faster..

citadel650 said:
Reg Pridmore's
Experienced Rider-MSF (if you really want to count that)
Kevin Scwantz (taking that next May 2day @ Road Atlanta)
and of course Keith Code's school

IMO, taking these schools will make you alot faster than any mod that you could do to your bike. Seriously, I bought my first bike in February and I got my knee down in October....not too bad if I do say so myself.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts