Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a middleweight naked bike that's decent for us tall people (I'm 6'4")?

I was checking out the options at the motorcycle show, but it looks like my next ride will have to be a liter bike in order for me to feel comfortable...

Speed 4 - feels cramped, I'm not a fan of clip-ons either

599 also felt a bit small.

Whats the general concensus on this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tall Trouble

6'3"

Tried them all, and I mean ALL - settled on an '06 Speed Triple. It feels more like my old CR480R fromt he 80s than a streetbike. My knees aren't cramped and no wrist pain.

Not a middle weight, however, but worth considering. I 'heard' that they are going to consider releasing a 675 version.

Also - check out the Ninja 650R, a bit less on the performance side but actually very comfortable and super fun to throw around in the corners.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'2 and bought a Honda 919. Not cramped at all and can carry a passenger with room and power to spare. And even though the Honda 599 looks like the 919, it's dimensions are smaller. The Duc Monster series also fit well.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Do you care for the Z750s or is it not quite naked enough? I know some don't like the 1/4 fairing look. Prices are pretty compariable to the rest of the middle weight crowd, plus you get good performance without the liter bike insurance rates.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, the speed triple is actually my dream bike at the moment...

1/4 fairing bikes can go either way with me, some are fugly, some are nice.

I know there's plenty of liter bikes out there that will fit me, but I was curious about the 600-750's.

Kawi's are an option I'd consider.

·
Registered
243 Posts
what about the Yammy FZ6? It's a nice bikini faired bike...with neat undertail exhaust. I'm 6'1" and it feels comfortable for me.

·
Flying Squirrel
2,932 Posts
The FZ1 is going to be a little more comfy for you, but consider the Z1000 and try it on. The Bandit 1200 is big, too. And even though they're not in the '06 line up the ZRX fits my 6'3" ape-armed buddy to a tee. I'm a 5'10" (read: NORMAL, you freaks!:citadel ) and the 919 fits me like a glove...my 6'3" buddy hated it and he's a 'Honda boy'. Z1000s fit me also, but my tall buddy said that he was fine on the Z1000. He didn't like the FZ1 b/c he said he didn't like the riding position. I'm betting you're gonna lean towards the ZRX or FZ1. Everybody is comfy on a Bandit, but I don't like the way they handle...but it's your bike.

Let us know,,,this is interesting.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was excited about the FZ6 when it came out last year, and yes it's comfortable, but it's styling is too jaged for my taste...

FZ1's, B12's, S3's, ZRX's, various Duc's, and other liter bikes all fit me nicely, but I don't know if I'm ready for a liter bike yet. 5 years riding expereince, one minor crash, have much more respect for them now, but I can foresee some stupid moments in the future.

·
Flying Squirrel
2,932 Posts
Krautwagen said:...I don't know if I'm ready for a liter bike yet...I can foresee some stupid moments in the future.
Well duh!:p So can all of us!:laughing I think your mental embracement of 'accidental' possibilities makes you ready for whatever you want to ride.

...it's a 'right wrist' thing man...focus on the right wrist!... :p ...and then go get that Z1000 that you KNOW you really want!... :eek

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, coupled with the fact that you can get most used liter bikes in better shape and with lower miles than 600's, I will probably have to go that route anyway...

·
Flying Squirrel
2,932 Posts
Ya know...that's true. I don't know why that is, either. Maybe everybody thinks "aw man, it's just a 600...I can get all this thing has and work it". Or maybe everybody thinks "Holy crap, this is a full-on open-bore...I'd better be careful". I dunno, but you're right.

·
the problem with the genepool is theres no lifegua
2,209 Posts
Im 6' 5"& ride a tuono mind i look tall on anything..lol thing is ya dont get any real big naked's over that side of the pond ie".. GSX 1400 /CB1300 think were spoilt for choice over here .Old school mate this is not a wind up mate reg these bikes;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts