Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/football/nfl/12/21/bc.fbn.namath.kolber.ap/index.html

Not BS

NEW YORK (AP) -- Joe Namath's interview on ESPN was cut short when the Hall of Fame quarterback gave curious answers to Suzy Kolber's questions.

Namath was at the Patriots-Jets game Saturday night as the Jets celebrated their 40th anniversary team. Asked by Kolber, ESPN's sideline reporter, about what the team's struggles meant to him, Namath replied:

"I want to kiss you," as he leaned toward her.

He added that he believed the team would come back next season with Chad Pennington available to play quarterback all year. But those at ESPN had heard enough.

"Based on Joe's response to the second question, we concluded the interview expeditiously," the network said in a statement Sunday. "While Joe made some relevant football points, had we known what was to come, of course, we would not have conducted the interview."

Kolber responded to Namath's comments by saying "Thanks, Joe. A huge compliment."

Namath capped off the interview by repeating: "I want to kiss you." before Kolber turned things back over to the announcers in the booth.

The Jets said they would have no comment.

·
Just say NO to PC!
743 Posts
Glad to hear he was only drunk, I was watching the interview (brief as it was) and thought maybe he'd suffered a stroke or something and felt sorry for him, now I can just laugh :crackup

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I seriously thought that maybe he had developed Alzheimers or something... he looked that bad...

Just another highlight to the Pats rapidly escalating championship bid, 13-2, we are the best team in the league! :D

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
OH MAN!!!! I had read about that yesterday, I didn't know he was drunk though.... phew, thought ol' Joe might be losing it. Now that you point it out though, he is totally hammered and trying to do an interview on TV. I wonder if he knew beforehand about it or if they just found him in the crowd and were like Hey Joe, wanna do a quick sideline interview? :crackup

'I wannnna kish you." :crackup :crackup

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hinesy said:
I seriously thought that maybe he had developed Alzheimers or something... he looked that bad...

Just another highlight to the Pats rapidly escalating championship bid, 13-2, we are the best team in the league! :D
+1 He looked and sounded horrible.

Oh yea...GO PATS!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.