Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some sirens outside work a little while ago. Went out to have a look. There's a half dozen cops cars, yellow police tape around a half a block area. Saw one cop with the distance measuring wheel walk from an intersection, over the curb, across the grass about 60-70 feet and stop at what was left of a white motorcycle. About all that I could see was from the seat back, a tail that looks like a sport bike and a mangled mess of part of the front of the bike. Looks like the rider/bike came to a rapid stop when they hit (and broke off) a palm tree about a foot in diameter. There's a helmet sitting in the grass about 50 feet west of the bike, and a shoe laying in the road about 30 feet north of the bike. :(
Hope they're okay, but it doesn't look good. Will try to watch the news for more details and post up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it was a 27-year old male, riding a CBR. Police report that he was doing an estimated 80 miles and hour when he left the road and hit the palm tree. Amazingly, he is alive, though in serious condition.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
:(

·
Mad Hawk
5,313 Posts
At least he is still alive. Horrible to some, but good news to his loved ones.....

NO ONE should have to endure the loss of a loved one to an accident right before christmas!

Trust me, I had to do this 2 years ago

·
Viva Le T-Shirt Marketing!
1,450 Posts
I'm more scared of being maimed or brain damaged than I am of dying. Does anyone else feel this way? I wouldnt be able to make a living without full use of my mellon on hands and really wouldn't want ot be a drain on society or my family.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What was the speed limit on the road he wrecked on?

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
while I think the dude was dumb for doing 80, I'm glad he made it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Tequilaiam said:
I'm more scared of being maimed or brain damaged than I am of dying. Does anyone else feel this way? I wouldnt be able to make a living without full use of my mellon on hands and really wouldn't want ot be a drain on society or my family.
+1
i doubt my family would agree, but in the end I think it would be best

1 - 11 of 11 Posts