Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On Extended Hiatus
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The MSNBC (NBC) Nightly News Segment with Tom Brokaw that we filmed a week or so ago will air TONIGHT, 12/19/04 at 6:30pm (and probably other times as well).

Sorry for the short notice but they JUST NOW called me! Damn reporters!

Also they've indicated that the segment was heavily edited so lord only nows what the final segment looks like.

Anyway, I've Tivo'd it and if I/we don't look too foolish I'll upload the video to our video site that Bennett hosts for us.

Damn I'm nervous!

:eek

·
C.A.M. SQUAD
852 Posts
/

just saw it.
very breif and to the point!
"pocketbikes are one of the worst gifts to give"

robbie and bill looked good though.:D
very photogenic:nanana

·
On Extended Hiatus
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know, can you believe those liberal assholes!

Go ahead and start the attack.... man I can't believe it.... why does the liberal media always have to take a negative view of everything.... my one positive message seemed to get lost in the story.

The guys who showed up at the practice they shot footage at know that they shot something like 2 hours of footage of everyone riding the course... then they cut all but the little bit you saw in the segment.

At the shop the next day they shot film for 4 hours! Then it all got edited into those 2 little blurbs that you saw....

Tell me the media doesn't maintain full control over what they want us to see hear and believe!

They always have their little agenda and they stick to it no matter what!

I plan and highly recommend for everyone else, to have them sign an agreement for any future interviews on the specifics of what the story will present and what kinds of content can be aired. Otherwise, this crap will keep happening.

:(

·
Registered
927 Posts
Bill, I feel bad for what happened to you guys down there. We have had good and bad experiences with the media. It really is a crap shoot. It is unfortunate that most media outlets cant actually present facts but rather use groups such as yours and ours to put their own slant and cretail facts to support the fodder that they feel like spewing. It seems that news isnt news unless there is a problem. The "media" is making the problem worse rather than helping. You presented an organization that promotes a safe atmosphere and a family oriented activity and those aholes chose to run a segmet that only perpetuates the bad name. But I guess if they continue to create bad news it is just job security for them. All I can say is chalk it up to experience and learn from it. I find it is an uphill battle to legitamize these things and it became more difficult as of late. Keep trying and let me know if there is anything I can help with. Frank

·
On Extended Hiatus
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the support Frank, it really is appreciated.

You're right, it is frustrating. We shot a good 30 minute interview and all that got aired was that 3 second clip. Makes you really wonder what was the point. But I could tell that they were frustrated that I wasn't giving them the kind of "Oh My God, this is terrible" sound bites they were looking for.

The one good thing I can say is that a number of my friends (that I didn't even tell about it) saw me and called me afterward and they somehow walked away with a positive impression.

So I guess it will affect everyone differently.

:rolleyes

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Bill are you still going to show the clip or put a link to it?
I missed the deal yesterday. You have to know buy now
that the media only shows what it wants. Just look at the
daily news, almost nothing good only bad. Bad news sells
:shake

Scott

·
Knows the real story...I'll tell you sometime.
1,360 Posts
ABC did the same thing to us.....it's frustrating espeically when you put your time and resources such as you've done here into it, just to be misrepresented. I know it's pointless now because what's done is done, but have you called your NBC contact to let them know that you feel that you were misrepresnted?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts