Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am not sure, but I think your VFR standard forks are 41mm units. If that is the case, you can snag a set of Superhawk forks and slip them right in the stock clamps. If my memory serves correct, the brake offset is the same as your bike, and the front wheel will slip right in. Problem is, the VTR forks are not FULLY adjustable, they lack a compression damping clicker. Last set I saw on Ebay sold for $76.

Another choice is a set of '89-'91 Honda RS250 forks (hard to find). 41mm, fully adjustable, and the front wheel is a direct fit. They may be a tad short for your bike, though, and hard to find. I have a set of them on my NSR if you need a reference for anything.

The only other 41mm forks I know of that are fully adjustable are on the newer yamaha YZF600 Thundercat. You would have to get the whole front end, though, I dont think the VFR wheel or brakes will fit correctly.

I heard from one of my Japanese buddies that the CBR600F4 triples bolt directly into the NSR chassis, if I wanted to swap the entire front end. I am sure that if you did a little searching or hanging out at a local bike shop, you could find a newer bike like this that has the same dimension front end as yours. It would be worth the effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts