Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a light to go in this spot where I believe would normally be a parking light or marker light. Even If I could get a clear lens I could fabricate some white led's there. Anyone ever seen a place where I could get something else than the plastic insert? I have seen one on a bike from overseas....I think the person lived in Israel. I e-mailed him but never got a response back. Any help would be appreciated. Another idea I had was to somehow make a ram air intake, but I have no experience in this whatsoever and it would be a last resort. I would prefer the light. Thanks

-Chris

·
Moderator,
8,056 Posts
It's the position light and most Euro spec bikes have them . YZFRob wanted to put one on his 750 but AFAIK never did . I think your best bet for getting one that'll fit right on is to contact an MZ Dealer and ask for one that fits a Skorpion Sport . It's just a guesstimate that it'll work BUT my Skorpion uses the headlight and taillight from a Euro-Japan market FZR-400RR so it's a reasonable assumption that the position light will also be from Yamaha and most likely the same .

Here's what the one on the Skorpion upper looks like : Anyway , if you'd like I could pop the lens off mine and send it to you to see if it'd fit - just as long as you'd send it back !

·
Super Moderator
23,511 Posts
THe FZR400RR's looks square. The YZF600/750's is a trapezoid. Try contacting a Yamaha Dealer in the UK and asking them. I WAS gonna order one, then I decide to race my YZF instead. No need to buy one now. I've seen 1 on ebay once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.