Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the closest setting of "5", the brake lever is still too far away for me to properly brake with my index finger. This causes me trouble at the track when trying to downshift 4-2 and blip, for example.

It has been suggested to bend my lever, but many have stated that will only weaken it and make it unsafe. :shrug

I have also been told to extend my throttle out to the right side so my hand is in a different position - over the outer part of the brake lever, affording me better leverage.

I have also been told to push the lever towards the inside of the bar, again realigning it with my hand so that I can brake with the outer edge of the lever.

Problem is, the outer edge of the brake lever is not any closer to my index finger than the "meat" of the lever is...... :shrug

I have tiny hands. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Suggestions? (BTW, my R6 is a 2K model)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take the lever apart at the pivot(at the adjuster wheel) and grind the pin down..You'll know it when you see it..Grind about half the length off of it and you will still have +/- adjustment.:clap

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you refering to the pin inside the adjuster wheel? That looks like a "stop"?
Or are you refering to the part of the lever that pushes into the master cylinder?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had that problem with my brake levers,these CRG are a little pricey but there worth it.The adjustments are far better than stock.You can easily make the adjustment while riding,it works off a ratchet system. CRGPlus there is two styles. regular and the other which I have is "short"

·
Registered
3 Posts
jkfr6 said:
Are you refering to the pin inside the adjuster wheel? That looks like a "stop"?
Yes thats the one. It fits into the adjuster wheel with each position(1-5) being a deeper indent. Shorter pin=closer lever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts