Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for those of you who don't know here is the story.

The guy who took it is refusing to give it back and the guy who knows me as well as the thief is refusing to give me his information. I recorded the middle man admitting to his friend taking it. I know middle man's name, address, mom's name, and phone number. What can I do?

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Call the police? :shrug

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I would say call the police or resort to threats and violence, its prety fucked up that your friend brings someone over who steals your stuff, then has the guy fess up and now wont return it. if that doesnt warrant a blanket party I dont know what does.

Tom

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
That would probably be the best bet. My hubby's ex sliced our tires one day in a bitch fit. We didn't see her do it, but we knew she did. We made the report.

A couple of months later, we recorded her admitting to doing it. There's a warrant out for her arrest on it. Unfortunately, it's so old now, they probably won't do anything. :shake

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
This dude stole some shit out of my garage once. I learned that he had the shit at his house. He woke up one night with me sitting on his chest pressing an M1911 to his eye. I told him my shit better show up in my garage the next day or I was going to show up again. I also told him that if shit EVER turned up missing at my place it was HIM I was going to go after, whether he took the stuff or not.

My stuff was there the next day. And you should see how he looks after my stuff when I am not there. The last thing he wants is for my shit to come up missing.

That is how I did it, but Speed's way of doing things does not set well with everyone.

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I pulled up some info on the dude and kind of scared him. He has Verizon and I pulled his account up and threatened to involve the authorities and his family. The middle man wants to meet me tonight, and I got a feeling he wants to bring some friends, so I'm gonna have some of my buddies from the gym ride out there with me.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Be careful, man! Let us know how it turns out.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Akilldema said:
Well, I pulled up some info on the dude and kind of scared him. He has Verizon and I pulled his account up and threatened to involve the authorities and his family. The middle man wants to meet me tonight, and I got a feeling he wants to bring some friends, so I'm gonna have some of my buddies from the gym ride out there with me.
Take at least four. One stays at your side no matter what. Two have your back. One they never see but has overwatch duty with this:

You should be alright.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Akilldema said:
Ok, for those of you who don't know here is the story.

The guy who took it is refusing to give it back and the guy who knows me as well as the thief is refusing to give me his information. I recorded the middle man admitting to his friend taking it. I know middle man's name, address, mom's name, and phone number. What can I do?
how did you record him? was he aware that you recorded him? if he wasnt aware that you recorded him, you most likely broke the law. i know this because i work for a law firm, and i know that NJ is one of only 4 (i believe) states that you dont need consent to record for legal proof.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Re: Re: Need legal help..recovering my camera

Aero 1 said:
how did you record him? was he aware that you recorded him? if he wasnt aware that you recorded him, you most likely broke the law. i know this because i work for a law firm, and i know that NJ is one of only 4 (i believe) states that you dont need consent to record for legal proof.
No! He did not record him! That is not what he meant! He WANTED to record him. Yeah, that's it. Come on, Akilldema, help me out here.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
In the state of Louisiana, you can record a conversation without the other person's acknowledgment if it's a conversation between you and the other person. Three way convo's are illegal.

I know this because I got my ex in alot of trouble with the judges recording conversations between myself and him. :citadel

It's not nice to make a comment that the judge can take their orders, shove them up their ass, and fart confetti for the next hundred years. :nono :lmao

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Need legal help..recovering my camera

Speed_Addiction said:
No! He did not record him! That is not what he meant! He WANTED to record him. Yeah, that's it. Come on, Akilldema, help me out here.
Speed, last time I checked, it's legal to record a conversation between yourself and another person without their knowledge. ;)

Of course, it's been a few years. I could be wrong. :shrug

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
From a quick glance, it looks as if NC is a single-party state, which means he didn't have to notify the other party that he was recording ...Federal law is also single party so if he crossed state lines in his call he's most likely still ok ;)

·
Bike Bastardizer
1,265 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
How much was the camera? Is it worth the hassle?

You can't be serious. :confused
It'd be worth it in principal to me, whether it was a $50 camera or $500. And the middle man would be disowned as well, what a dick. :mad

SA - H&K make a solution for every occasion. :laughing

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nah middle man gave it to me, apologized for his friend and said he's just trying to have some integrity.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts