Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 97 F3 with full Micron exhaust/jet kit, 1 tooth down in front, 2 up in rear. I just purchased this bike ~3 weeks ago as my first bike :D It now has just under 11k miles on it.

I took it to the drag strip after about 1 week of riding and ran an 11.86 @ 117.3. However, now my clutch is slipping when I wind it out and shift at redline. It actually started slipping that night at the drag strip so I had to end my night early.

My question to those with experiences with different clutches would be: do I just go with another OEM Honda clutch? Or should I go with an aftermarket manufacturer? If aftermarket which clutchs should I look at and which ones should I stay away from?

My plans on the bike are to take it to the drag strip occasionally and also next spring I'm looking into doing some track days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'll second what Jaxon said and reccomend you go with oem. I have a Barnett set on my race bike, and it is very grabby and stiff. Ok for racing, but I'd hate it on a street bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
you will also need 8 #9's and 4 #13's and also a clutch gasket. here is the part number from there 3 11393-MV9-670 GASKET, CLUTCH COVER 1 $12.29

1 - 6 of 6 Posts