Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone is into dirt so much lately (except jay in the mud sinkhole)

Guy at work has a 1985 XR350R for sale. Its in pretty good shape, He don't ride it but around his yard. Uses his KTM for the mountains.

He wants $1000 for it. Won't budge on the price :( He was selling it last yr but decided to keep it and ordered a couple things for it.

I don't need the latest greatest for a new toy, just wondering if this is a good price, or should I keep on looking

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
i personally wouldn't pay a whole "G" for it, but i have no clue what its worth

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Kelly Blue don't show prices for dirtbikes :(

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
the XR350's rock!!!! They were the orginal, before their time 400cc craze.

Very well sorted bike...good suspension....it should have the dual carbs on it.

Honda had a problem keeping them sycnched for some reason...or the technicians had issues keeping them synched when they did work. That is the only think to check on it that could be an issue. Just make sure that you have good throttle response.

$1,000 for an XR350R....that's a steal, IMHO..... will be a colletctor's item too, I'm thinking.

B.

·
Vespa Rider
1,199 Posts
Sounds a bit high to me Dave.

You can find a 2000 DRZ for around 2K these days.

Sell the blackbird.:D

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will sell my soul before my bird..

The 85' only came out with a single carb, prior yrs have the dual carbs. This is also the first yr of having the disk brakes I beleive also.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Cycletrader has them from $1500-1900...still.

My buddy had a '85 XR200 and that had the dual carbs....I thought the XR350 followed suite.

I have an article at home written a few years ago, where they went back and talked about the XR350..'85 model to be exact...the magazine loved it....wrote it up well...

If I can find it, I'll make copies and fax to you Dave...

Let me see what I can come up with tonight....

B.

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool beans, I am getting my bonas check at the end of the month, and was planning on paying some bills, and stuff. But should also have enough left over to pick this up.

Then I will need some dirt riding gear.. :D Lid, gloves, boots, blah blah. Wife will probably divorce me :laughing

Also need to replace my clutch and crap in my pickup :rolleyes

·
Registered
769 Posts
You guys are going to give me a complex with all these dirt scooters, Dave I just gave away an XR 350 with some top end probs.:shake

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gave away?

You know for someone who hates Honda's so much you seem to have alot of them :redflip

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no kidding..

What do you expect from a Kawi owner... bald one at that.. :redflip

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn my funds are going to be running low I think.. going to be about $500 to $700 to do the clutch in my truck.. :jawdrop

Wish I had a place to get my truck up in the air more. I could do it myself

Hey Rocky.. wanna help me? I know you like working on stuff. We can use the shop at work. Set her up on the stands..

·
Registered
769 Posts
I never said I like working on stuff, but I will help..

You know it has taken alot out of me rebuilding my 250R (Honda), now you want me to work on a Ford, I might crumble:redflip

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't worry Rocky, I am going to go ahead and pay $300 for the kit, and let Johnny's son do it all for me. He does it for a living and has a good spot to it. He is charging $200 to do it for me and said it will only take him 1/2 a day to do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts