Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At night, I feel somewhat more vulnerable bc of the lack of visibilty...so how about neon lights?

I know that they are a bit tacky and have an element of 'poser', but anything to be seen (some drivers just refuse to acknowledge bikes, you know?)

I was thinking of just putting a light or two at the bottom...lol..not the ones where the the entire bike, from front to back, is bright

ok, you all can stop laughing now
;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
heres mine...pics are hard to do but it shines really well (ask WOT Blake) I have Street Glow neons and i have 2 10" tubes on the undertail 2 6" tubes horizantal in the front duct on each side 2 9" tubes going vertical in the same duct on each side and 2 more 9" tubes on the very bottom on each side of the lower

·
Registered
199 Posts
wow, that sure is bright... I agree with the visibility at night aspect, but it isn't for me... :p

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
only thing i suggest is you silicone the the whole black end peice to the tube to keep out water because i used the mini accent 6" and 9" tubes and they are not for outdoor use....the 10" ones on the rear seem to hold up ok though but you may want to for all of them just to be on the safe side

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
mounting

Jaxon23,

What did you use to mount the tubes? Did you use the little screws they give you, glue them on, or make some contraption?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try hyper bright LED's. I have 2 of them on my bike and people think they are neons. I have a set of neons and strobe light I'm installing when I put the thing back together. Neons are for posers? It's your bike F the masses!:p

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also had the leds on mine.Had them installed at sound waves in parsippany nj. It was 7 dollars a bulb plus install.It came to 300. bucks. 2 in the front and 4 inthe back al flush mounted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
HATCHBOMB said:
Dragon Master-

Where did you get your Hyper LED's? I'm looking for some blue or dark purple ones...
I own a customizing shop. I carry them.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: mounting

BigPapaPorsche said:
Jaxon23,

What did you use to mount the tubes? Did you use the little screws they give you, glue them on, or make some contraption?
i drilled small holes and used zip ties

1 - 18 of 18 Posts