Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on my quest to prevent my hair from becoming the tangled mess it usually is after riding, I've come across these neoprene "hair gloves" that are intended for all extreme sports. There are some solid color ones on the second page that I would like to give whirl.

These look like my best bet, as everything I've tried thus far has failed.

(Things I've tried:
- French braids
- Putting my hair in a bun low under my helmet
- Using several hair bands and/or scunchies down my pony tail, which eventually fly off
- Biker chick leather hair gloves which don't stay on my thin pony tail)

I was curious as to whether or not anyone has had any experience with these neoprene hair gloves? My hair is long enough to fall below my shoulders, but not long enough to stay tucked into my jacket while riding while tucked in, in my racer position.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Yes, those are what I have. I don't like the ones for motorcycles that Hair Glove sell as I don't like the designs they have.

I love my "action" hair glove!

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
I might have to get one of these. My hair is down to the middle of my back. I normally do the "multiple hairbands down my ponytail" thing and, thankfully, it's been working, but I'm always in the market to try something new.

Thanks for the link! :thumb

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yep, I use the neoprene ones on every single ride. My problem with braiding was that the ends of individual hairs would tangle on the outside of the braid, making it difficult to take the braid out (the comb would always get stuck on these tangles). I also like the Hair Glove because it keeps my hair back behind my head. I don’t like braided pigtails because my hair is so long they swing and get in the way of me turning my head. A fellow racer friend of mine used to race with long pigtail braids and crashed. When she crashed the braid on one side got stuck between her shoulder and the asphalt. It sheared her hair off, as well as melted part of it to her leathers. She had to cut it all off (about 8”) to get rid of the mess of mangled, melted hair.

I also use the neoprene glove for waterskiing and mountain biking. It’s very versatile! :thumb

In this pic, you can see how it keeps my hair back & out of the way. It doesn't get in the way of the fit of the helmet either.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I go to Sally Beauty supply and buy a huge bag of no tangle rubber bands (black or clear)-- they're small and tight. I use a scrunchee at the base of my head (tight knot) and then every few inches I throw one one of those bands . Works like a charm. There's like 500 in a bad for cheap.

I've braided it, but with the breakage I have (my hair is almost all the way down my back, but skinny hair) it frayed out everywhere. Then I made two low pony tails, braided those, but as I rode, got smacked in the face by them no matter what. So the above is what I do now.

:)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My leather one works fine, but it's a shorter one. I LOVE it! :D I want a bright yellow one now though to match the bike ;)

Chanda

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
i've used my black leather hair glove for 4 years now. i'm very happy with it.

·
Obey The Pug
7,899 Posts
MZGirl said:
A fellow racer friend of mine used to race with long pigtail braids and crashed. When she crashed the braid on one side got stuck between her shoulder and the asphalt. It sheared her hair off, as well as melted part of it to her leathers. She had to cut it all off (about 8”) to get rid of the mess of mangled, melted hair.
QUOTE]

OMG! :jawdrop

Ok that just scared me into wanting a hairglove now!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Not to mention I spray a bit more of my leave in conditioner before I put it on. When I take my hair out....it's like SILK!!! :) (not a big tangle like it used to be before the hairglove)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Not to mention I spray a bit more of my leave in conditioner before I put it on. When I take my hair out....it's like SILK!!!
i do that too!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just ordered mine today. We'll see how it works. I got the one with the American Flag on it. Thanks for the link. I will post pics when it comes in.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I think next week I'm going to order the american flag one too!

(I had it on my wish list for about a year now, guess Mike never checks that... :() Great V-day gift though. (HOPE HE SEES THIS HINT HINT!)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lickety-split said:
I've ordered mine as well. I'll at least take a picture with it in (or, I guess, around) my hair when I receive it.
I wanna see :D Girls in this thread are freakin genius- as I've lost many a hair riding lately :(

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
OMG! I can't believe I never bothered to look at this thread until now!

I kept seeing hair + glove and was like wtf It didn't make any sense so I kept skipping over it! :lmao

I have got to get one of those. I usually do like Cee does, but if I don't put the first hairband in a good place, it irritates my head (helmet mashing it into my head) and I can't stand that! :rant

That would make an awesome VD gift! :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts