Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, anyone going? I will be there--Riding. FINALLY.
Got tires, my forks are getting rebuilt, and I will hopefully have a full race body to throw on the bike shortly. I cant wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
I won't be making it. Need to ride the bike I'm keeping around my neighborhood and run it through the gears. Seems really crisp now.

Then - I'm pulling the bodywork and going over it.

Then I'm glassing in the headlight holes and painting the body/rims.

I may have you come over for a beer and bondo party. Just to oversee the process.

Nice to hang out for a bit over winter. Tell Bob "hey".

Later,
Barry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I'll be there. Mfriedl will also.
Look for us under an EZ up w/ a black Mercedes and a silver Highlander.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beer and bondo huh? NOW that sounds like a party

Anyone got any idea how cold it is around that time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
since it's an early morning start i'd guess low 50s to high 40s for Lows. And maybe 60's for Highs. :)

i was signed up for the intro course but i backed out. have fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, then the temps should be alright. Why did you back out for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Nope, but...

But, I'm going to Charlotte for the NESBA Nov. 16th intro class. Looks like a good track--this will be my first track experience...Considering doing the upgrade to a full day now to save my Mastercard the hassle of doing it the day of. Should be a ball...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Re: Nope, but...

KrisR6 said:
But, I'm going to Charlotte for the NESBA Nov. 16th intro class. Looks like a good track--this will be my first track experience...Considering doing the upgrade to a full day now to save my Mastercard the hassle of doing it the day of. Should be a ball...:D
If your going all the way down to Charlotte, you might as well do the full day!

My $.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
I hear ya'

I hear ya Neff...I'm actually going/staying with a good buddy of mine (johnnyT on CF), who lives in Charlotte...He keeps telling me we should just upgrade now and save us the hassle of doing it on the day b/c chances are we're going to love it. I guess I'll join NESBA this week...LOL:laughing !

Barry--how scrubbed were those take offs? Does he rate the price according to how scuffed up they are? I've seen some race take offs that weren't really worth the money (advantage of being able to pick through the lot). I guess I'm just a little skeptical to pay in advance for a used tire that I've never seen, but then again, I know you're pretty skeptical too about "deals," so I believe you...Just curious. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
Re: I hear ya'

KrisR6 said:

Barry--how scrubbed were those take offs? Does he rate the price according to how scuffed up they are? I've seen some race take offs that weren't really worth the money (advantage of being able to pick through the lot). I guess I'm just a little skeptical to pay in advance for a used tire that I've never seen, but then again, I know you're pretty skeptical too about "deals," so I believe you...Just curious. :p
I got 2 sets from Pete, Mikelly got one. They are near new. I'd esimate both sets I have show 3/4+ life left. So, for $135 shipped for 2 sets, you can't beat that.

Pete appears to be a very upfront, honest guy. Well known on NESBA, so he has a rep to uphold. E-mail him. In the future I will FOR SURE be dealing with him as much as possible for street and track tires.

Good luck,
Barry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,633 Posts
Re: Re: Nope, but...

Neff4i said:
If your going all the way down to Charlotte, you might as well do the full day!

My $.02
Kris wants to upgrade....I know he does ;)

Its not actually just a trip for the trackday, but its also a time for some drunkeness and good times :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top