Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the new catalitic converter on the 05 600 RR. How much do you think it slowed it down by? I wanted to get one this spring but not sure anymore. Does anyone know how much hp the 05 has?

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
wouldn't a nice full system, and PCIIIr sound so much better than the stock exhaust with the catsin them ;)

My personal opinion is stock exhaust is nice and quiet, but makes the bike sound too much like a sewing machine :shake

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Krypt Keeper said:
wouldn't a nice full system, and PCIIIr sound so much better than the stock exhaust with the catsin them ;)

My personal opinion is stock exhaust is nice and quiet, but makes the bike sound too much like a sewing machine :shake
I guess you could just get an aftermarket exhaust but the only problem with a loud exhaust is attracting the cops attenting. I've gotten many speeding tickets in the past because the cops heard me comming. I wonder if it would be illegal to remove the cat and just put an aftermarket exhaust without a cat.

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
Considering that he has a Polini and a GRC, I would assume that it wouldn't be his first bike since most people who have serious pocketbikes have ridden other stuff at one time or another.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RACER X said:
600RR not a good first bike.
It would be my third. Started with a Katana or should I say can-of-tuna, followed by an F4i which I was hit by a car on and totalled. But from my experience and from what people tell me hondas are very rider friendly and very forgiving. Maybe the 600 RR is not as forgiving because its such a race bred bike but hey you gotta take that next step sometime right?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kzin said:
Considering that he has a Polini and a GRC, I would assume that it wouldn't be his first bike since most people who have serious pocketbikes have ridden other stuff at one time or another.
You're right. I actually have more fun on a pocketbike than I've had on any other bike. But that's probably because I've never taken a real bike to the race track. I've just done canyon runs and been busted by cops which slowed me down considerably. If you guys want to get into a type of racing that's fun, relatively inexpensive, and VERY competitive try pocketbike racing. You won't regret it I promise you.

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Randy 44 said:
I guess you could just get an aftermarket exhaust but the only problem with a loud exhaust is attracting the cops attenting. I've gotten many speeding tickets in the past because the cops heard me comming. I wonder if it would be illegal to remove the cat and just put an aftermarket exhaust without a cat.

Did you get a ticket for following the speed limit? :redflip

Sorry was too easy to bust your balls on that :D

I would either leave it stock or find a way to swap out the cats or buy a previous 600RR's exhaust.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Krypt Keeper said:
Did you get a ticket for following the speed limit? :redflip

Sorry was too easy to bust your balls on that :D

I would either leave it stock or find a way to swap out the cats or buy a previous 600RR's exhaust.
:laughing :clap Not quite...it was an 80 in a 35 as well as a trip to the big house.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
p1r4nha said:
rr wont be my first bike either...i started last spring on a 93 FZR 600 and logged 8,000 care free miles in about 6 months :thumb
You're not sticking with Yamaha and get the new R6? I thought about it but someone told me they weren't as reliable as Hondas. I too like to put a lot of miles on my bikes, so reliability is key for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.