Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

new & interesting developments for Rossi's 'car fever'

482 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  redsv1000boy 
#1 ·
interesting development number one:
Rossi's career with 'ferrari' is *technically*, up to Shumacher... :eek

from crash-
According to a report in the Italian press, MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi will only be considered for a 2007 Ferrari F1 drive if team leader, and seven times world champion, Michael Schumacher decides to continue racing next season.

"Rossi in F1, Michael decides" stated La Gazzetta dello Sport, explaining that the Italian team is only prepared to 'risk' having one new driver next season. "If Michael goes and (Kimi) Raikkonen takes his place, and is joined by Rossi, that means two drivers that are unproven at Ferrari. It is a risk Maranello doesn't want to take."

The article added that Schumacher will decide in June if he wants to extend his record breaking F1 career beyond 2006, but even if the German stays it is far from certain that Rossi will be offered a race seat alongside him.

"If (Schumacher's new team-mate) Felipe Massa continues as well as he has up to now (in testing), it will be difficult to give his seat to Rossi," added the 'paper.

devlopment number two:
...He may be losing his chance at F1, but his latest 'car fever' continues...[/

crash again:
Reports in Italy suggest that MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi has switched his attention to yet another form of motorsport - following a recent Ferrari F1 drive and his latest MotoGP test for Camel Yamaha - by driving a Maserti MC12 sports car at Misano yesterday.

Motograndprix.it states that the seven times motorcycling world champion was invited to a secret test for the Racing Box FIA GT/ALMS team at the Italian circuit - and was able to lap just a few tenths of a second from the team's regular driver, Marco Cioci, after only 15 laps in the car.

The Doctor's latest outing means that, since the end of the 2005 MotoGP season, he has shown impressive pace in a Subaru WRC car, world championship spec go-kart, Ferrari F1 car and now a race spec Maserati!

through all of this:
Rossi has a MotoGP contract with Yamaha until the end of 2006.

See less See more
#5 ·
Stinky said:
You gotta remember that he wanted to race cars before bikes so it's natural to want to try and pursue it especially since he's dominated motorcycle racing the past how many years.
Um I think you need to watch faster. Rossi said that Motorcycles were his first passion. In that movie his father also said that he started raceing bikes when he was a little kid. I just think that he likes to drive cars and that he just gets offerd to drive just about anything. Shit i bet he would test a NASCAR if someone gave him a chance. He probobly just likes motorsports and goes out and does any one that he can. If i was as famous and as tallented as his is i would try to drive everything that i could too.

#6 ·
redsv1000boy said:
Um I think you need to watch faster. Rossi said that Motorcycles were his first passion. In that movie his father also said that he started raceing bikes when he was a little kid. I just think that he likes to drive cars and that he just gets offerd to drive just about anything. Shit i bet he would test a NASCAR if someone gave him a chance. He probobly just likes motorsports and goes out and does any one that he can. If i was as famous and as tallented as his is i would try to drive everything that i could too.
I think you might need to read his book. He had to make the choice between bikes and cars when the two started to conflict with each other. He choose bikes because it's his "great passion" as well as being convenient at the time.

#11 ·
redsv1000boy said:
+1

#12 ·
This is my prediction. Rossi will stay untill the end of the 2007 and be the first 800cc champ. Then he will go to to F1 or WRC. Then when he is 50ish he will switch over to to something like Touring cars or something. Maybe Dale Jr. will give him a car just for the hell of it. Rossi did say that he like the USA after he visited Laguna. Why not end your motorsports career in the US. I think it would be awsome if he was a champ in as many motorsports as possible. How cool would the title of most dominant man in all motorsports be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.