Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the jewelry commercial this year, with the two Jewish people exchanging jewelry for Christmas?

What the hell gives with that?

:laughing

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Do Jewish people like jewelry? I would hate to have to buy 8 diamond rings for the wife.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just that they even say it's a X-mas present. Jewish people dont celebrate Christmas. :laughing

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
omg.. lol :laughing
No I havent seen that one.. which jewelry store is it for?
And yes, Jewish people like jewelry.. I guess I didnt get
that gene from my Grandma... yet. :laughing

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
I bought my wife's engagement ring in Chicago on "Jew road". Started at one end of the block, saw the ring I wanted for $2500. Went right next store, same ring for $2100. Kept doing that until I was at the last, 6th, store. Same exact ring for $1300. Then I found out they are all a bunch of brothers and cousins and work the game with everyone. It's funny, if you can stand the bullshit. They actually have the ring waiting when you walk in the door for you to look at. 1/2 carat and very clear.

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
You can do that with those stands in the middle of the mall.. all those Israelis selling perfume, etc... you can talk them down.. it takes a bit of hagglin' but if you can put up with it, you get a good deal, and have alot of fun doing it. Atleast I have, in the past.. :laughing

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Allison's ring was originally $4500 dollars and they all insisted, "that's as low as I can go."

I loved it, but being a JEW by name only, I had a blast.

My name is Joseph Edward Wright. Parents didn't realize what my initials spelled until I was 3 or 4 months old.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
you guys would love the diamond district in nyc. all hasidic jews and about 10,000 jewelry stores on one block. you can haggle anything in new york. i haggled $20 off a blender once at one fo those immigrant electronics stores where you suspect all the stuff has the wrong plugs.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
thunderex said:
you guys would love the diamond district in nyc. all hasidic jews and about 10,000 jewelry stores on one block. you can haggle anything in new york. i haggled $20 off a blender once at one fo those immigrant electronics stores where you suspect all the stuff has the wrong plugs.

:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup

You are my hero.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
haha. those stores are crazy. you'd see a walkman in there with a pricetag for like $300. then you'd say "that's way to much for that man." then they'd scratch their chins and suck their teeth and say "for you, my friend, special price. $275." then you'd walk down to j&r and buy it for like $100. this was before internet shopping, so you really had to have a catalog at home or a "nobody beats the wiz" nearby so you'd know how much shit was SUPPOSED to cost.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was for Kay Jewelers if I remember right. My wife didnt understand why I thought it was so funny. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts