Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
underbraced the swingarm and added some spools. also painted it black. whole thing set me back $20.- damn i love being a welder:D oh, and i built the stand too ($12.-)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Looks good! :thumb

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skipman, i'll get a pic with a spool off for ya and post it up tomorrow. all i did was cut off two 1in pieces of the rod, flatten one side and bead it on. I had already drilled and threaded each pice before attaching them

·
Registered
53 Posts
;) cool , thanks man that should do it. i think that i might try it with the swingarm and maybe the rear tire on the bike. What do ya think , wouldn't that work?:confused

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
depends on what kind of torch you have. if it has a finger control yeah it can be done easily. mine has a amptrol for the foot. im pretty flexible but controlling the arc with my foot while laying on the ground wasn't an option. the swingarm comes off in minutes

·
Heavy Metal
1,907 Posts
great stuff !!!

looks beefy...bet w/ all that bracing u could run a double pipe for the U bend underneath...

appreciate u posting the pics...especially the close ups, was wondering how u were gonna brace everything...

nice touch w/ the spools/sliders...nice work

no mistaking that hornet them....u got yellow and black gear too? :redflip :))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts