Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I see alot of B.R. guys where's all the N.O. people at.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You mean riding? I try to make it to bike nite on wed. at Mobile One whenever possible(haven't been there in a few weeks). I'm still in the process of trying to find good twisty roads around here though(not many). I live out in Destrehan, so I usually just go ride down river road till I decide to turn around.

Unfortunately with the storms and having to work extra days lately I haven't been riding much. Hopefully with the cooler weather coming that will change though!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I work at Ochsner on Jefferson but live in Picayune, I took a road trip this weekend and found some good twistie roads if your interested let me know they're around Columbia, MS. It was real nice (90-100mph) curves I'm supposed to go back up that way in a couple of days to check out somemore twisties from columbia to Monticello.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wait, I think I've seen your bike! A few months ago my gf's mom had a transplant(liver), so we were at Ochsner pretty much everyday for a while. There was almost always a blue R6 parked right across from the elevators at the exit of the parking garage. Is that yours?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was me my man that's where I always park. We need to go hit some roads together!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chad, i've been to the area between columbia and monticello. Its called red bluff and it is really nice. The first few miles the road is a loose asphalt or something, but after that its nice and smooth. Lots of curves and elevation changes. Later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brice,
I made it up that way and you won't believe what I done, It was like 60miles up there and when I got to that gravel road I turned around and said there ain't noway this is right. How long does that road stay gravel because I thought I went the wrong way or something. Man that bugs me now!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The rode that you came to, was it actually gravel or was it pavement with loose rocks on it. The first time I went I made a wrong turn and ended up at a real gravel road. AFter backtracking we found the way. Before you get to red bluff there is a y and if you go left it comes to gravel right after a fourway stop sign, if you go right at the y your on the right track. The rough asphault last for about five to ten miles then there is about 20-25 miles of great road. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets see if I can explain this,

I only passed two four way stop signs, I don't remember a Y, After the second four way the road became gavel in my mine but wasn' t like Mississippi red clay road but like a paved road with real fine rocks all over it. What you think??? See I you can explain it to me!!! Thanks Bro

·
Registered
41 Posts
The road your describing sounds like the start of the red bluff run. If you go about 5-10 miles down the road the shitty road disapears and then you have very nice smooth paved road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I found the road monday, it was pretty good other than the newly paved road with the loose rocks on the montecello side. Other than that it was a good ride can't wait for the rocks to clear.

I was missing the right hand turn in that curve, that why I couldn't find it. Thanks for your help!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was with Brice when we went to REd Bluff. AWSOME road and I really don't like twisties all that much! I had a blast. (although it's kinda hard to keep up with Brice in the [email protected]!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lime let me know when you and brice want to go riding and I'll hook up with ya'll. It's been nasty here the last couple of weeks hopefully it will get better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
R6chad.. I just got home from my wednesday night ride. I was at the pitstop and then mobile one. Do you go to either of those places? We all need to hook up and go to Red Bluff. We had a blast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a plan, and no I haven't had the chance to go to pitstop or mobile one but I here there is a pretty good turnout. It always seems like I'm working on tues and wed. night which is when most of the bikers get together. Give me a ring and we'll hook up for a red bluff ride 601-347-4535. Talk later bro and ride safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lets ride

Ya'll better call me. I was with lime9 and bricef4 on the red bluff ride and it was fun but lime and me might not be able to hang with them 6's. hahaha

I might see ya'll at mobile one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seems like ya'll had a nice group that went. We'll all have to get together and go up that way. Just let me know and i'll hook up with ya'll

1 - 19 of 19 Posts