Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I just picked up a 1999 ZX-7R last weekend with 5500 miles. I had to make an 800 mile trip to get it and bring it home but it was worth it. can't wait for warm weather!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have some pics, but it won't let me post them since I'm a noob on this forum. I should go make a bunch of random posts so I can. It's a little annoying.

·
There's a gun in my truck
4,816 Posts
nice. i rode a 99 7r for a while.

welcome :thumb

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 7R brother/sisterhood!!! :)

I love my 7R more than ever. Every time I see her it takes my breath away, and the solid suspension at the track is just heavenly.
Too bad Kawasaki moved on to the 9/10R, but you would think with the whole 800cc MotoGP rules in 2007, that manufacturers will be coming out with 750-800cc bikes again...

Maybe they'll revive the 7R???

·
Im faster then U!
2,186 Posts
HOOAH! hello man. nice choice in bikes. i like the 7s. make sure before you ride it to get muffler bearings for it ASAP. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
green_zx7r said:
Congrats and welcome to the 7R brother/sisterhood!!! :)

I love my 7R more than ever. Every time I see her it takes my breath away, and the solid suspension at the track is just heavenly.
Too bad Kawasaki moved on to the 9/10R, but you would think with the whole 800cc MotoGP rules in 2007, that manufacturers will be coming out with 750-800cc bikes again...

Maybe they'll revive the 7R???
Yeah, I wish that they would revive it. I am tired of all these little 600 riders that have no idea there was ever a 7r. Damn young pups. Hell, if they come back with it I might just get two of them for the hell of it..
We can only hope..

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
RuffRider said:
HOOAH! hello man. nice choice in bikes. i like the 7s. make sure before you ride it to get muffler bearings for it ASAP. :p
Don't forget to also replace the widget arm on the maniform. They have a tendency to fail.

·
Registered
123 Posts
keepitgreen said:
Yeah, I wish that they would revive it. I am tired of all these little 600 riders that have no idea there was ever a 7r. Damn young pups. Hell, if they come back with it I might just get two of them for the hell of it..
We can only hope..
Talk about young pups, I bought my race-prepped '83 GPz-750 in '87! Grand daddy of 'em all.

·
Flying Squirrel
2,932 Posts
jtmarten said:
Talk about young pups, I bought my race-prepped '83 GPz-750 in '87! Grand daddy of 'em all.
*Ahem!* ...some respect please...see avatar ... :D

...geez, talk about your "young pups"! :laughing

·
Registered
498 Posts
welcome to the boards.... those 7R's are awesome. and thats very low miles for that year... nice find

·
Im faster then U!
2,186 Posts
jtmarten said:
oh yea oh yea!!! ive walked to school at 4 AM. through 18 foot of snow. i had to make a tunnel to school. oh yea while raining as well. :redflip j/k im young but i do read up on the older bikes. hell i still have my 86 ninja 600R. still runs like a champ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys crack me up. Thanks for all the compliments on the bike. I'm going nuts staring at it while it sleeps the cold weather away in my basement game room.

I've been riding for around 23 years, started when I was 3. However I haven't had much seat time in over the past 6 years and this is my first major sport bike. I've ridden several, but not enough to get a true feel for it. I plan on hitting a couple of track days this summer to get familiar with the bike and plan on keeping it safe. I don't stunt ride, although that seems like the only thing people around here can do. That also explains all the crashed up body work and tires that are bald in the center with full tread on the outside.

I've basically wanted a 7R since I was a teenager but was smart enought to hold off until I got all my young and dumb out of me. I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit once the weather warms up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts