Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got a new pocket bike and I put gas/oil in it and got it to idle but after leaving it to idle for a bit I try to rev it and it bogs out.

Any ideas??

·
Moderator, , Dorkus Maximus
2,749 Posts
first idea: dont let it idle. high-performance 2T's dont like to idle.

with that said, i dont think you have what i would call a 'hp 2T', but until you divulge such info as what bike you have, we are left solely for conjecture.

vince
:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't like to idle? Why? I have what you might call a high performance 2t I have lots of upgrades? How do oyu reccomend setting the idle screw? Should it be set just high enough for the back wheel not to be spinning or should it be lower? Also what about in colder weather is it ok to turn the idle up if it is idling low?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like to have my bikes idle real low, i have them set so if you dont tap the throttle every few seconds it will die, i have my dirt bikes set the same too. The problem with it bogging is: One its a new engine and they dont like to revv until broken in and Two if it was idleing for awhile its likely that alot of oil has built up in the engine, and you need to clear it out by riding it with hard bursts untill it runs clean(just like clearing out a dirtbike).

·
Moderator, , Dorkus Maximus
2,749 Posts
bcrichguitars said:
Don't like to idle? Why? I have what you might call a high performance 2t I have lots of upgrades? How do oyu reccomend setting the idle screw? Should it be set just high enough for the back wheel not to be spinning or should it be lower? Also what about in colder weather is it ok to turn the idle up if it is idling low?
why dont they like to idle?

think about how they work, you are a musician, so this should be easy for you. 2T's are like horns. they like to resonate at a certain frequency, which is detemined predominantly by the size/shape of their 'horn' (i.e. exhaust pipe).

hence, when they are out of their range, they are not as happy (i.e. efficient combustion).

make sense now?

dont focus on idle performance, focus on how it runs at full song...which is hopefully where the motor is spending most of its time. ;)

incidentally, 'upgrades' dont a h.p. 2T make.

vince

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Vince_24X said:
why dont they like to idle?

think about how they work, you are a musician, so this should be easy for you. 2T's are like horns. they like to resonate at a certain frequency, which is detemined predominantly by the size/shape of their 'horn' (i.e. exhaust pipe).

hence, when they are out of their range, they are not as happy (i.e. efficient combustion).

make sense now?

dont focus on idle performance, focus on how it runs at full song...which is hopefully where the motor is spending most of its time. ;)

incidentally, 'upgrades' dont a h.p. 2T make.

vince

Hey Vince I really like how you said this...

Mind if I steel it for reprint in my SEPRA newsletter. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
have a similar problem with my sq40a

when i first brought it home from the store, i had no problems starting it up.. same thing for the next 3 days.. after that, i nearly collapsed from exhaustion one time before i finally coaxed it to start.. then up to now i havent been able to make it start... already checked the plug is there is current flowing to it.. there is.. don't know what the problem is anymore.. HELP!!

btw, when i took out the plug, it's coated with gasoline (with 2t)..

·
Registered
2 Posts
uhh.. found the problem already... searched the internet for the manual.. turned out that i was not doing the proper start-up procedure :D... starts up easily now.. :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Vince_24X said:
for you stacy, anything. have at it.

:nanana

vince

Thanks. I'll have Razor pay for you a plane ticket to one of our races this year. :D

I'm sure he'll put you up in a hotel as well. :thumb

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
sdudley said:
Thanks. I'll have Razor pay for you a plane ticket to one of our races this year. :D

I'm sure he'll put you up in a hotel as well. :thumb
No need for a plane ticket as I bought my own airplane not long ago. The guy selling cags over in China also knocked off the Boeing 737 and I have one of the first models he produced. I don't have any insurance on it so if it goes down your SOL.

Razor.:redflip

·
Future stunta in training!!
1,667 Posts
TheRazor said:
No need for a plane ticket as I bought my own airplane not long ago. The guy selling cags over in China also knocked off the Boeing 737 and I have one of the first models he produced. I don't have any insurance on it so if it goes down your SOL.

Razor.:redflip
:crackup :crackup :crackup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts