1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Poop fart poop.
2,134 Posts
theJrod said:
Pilot Power 2CT ~ named for it's dual-Compound-Technology

"20% softer rubber on the tread shoulders..... blah blah"

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=66

Looks like they'll have a 190/55 rear in June - I've been begging for a streetable 190/55 for two years now! Great news for liter bike owners.
:woot ill need new tires by then anyways, works out perfect :thumb

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That will by my next set of tires. Awesome. :D

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
Where's it say they'll be coming to the USA?

These look like they were done in answer to the Dunlop Qualifiers. Still, 90% road/10% circuit probably isn't the best thing for me to get...

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
richardlpalmer said:
Where's it say they'll be coming to the USA?

These look like they were done in answer to the Dunlop Qualifiers. Still, 90% road/10% circuit probably isn't the best thing for me to get...
I'm sure they'll do just fine on the track up to A-group times, though I figure you can never have too much grip - that's why I'm going with Racetechs. ;) Ideally, I'd get a second set of wheels - one set of the new Powers, one set DOT race tires.

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
theJrod said:
I'm sure they'll do just fine on the track up to A-group times, though I figure you can never have too much grip - that's why I'm going with Racetechs. ;) Ideally, I'd get a second set of wheels - one set of the new Powers, one set DOT race tires.
:werd

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
theJrod said:
+1 I would love to do this. I wonder if I could find good deals on ebay???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Someone from the VFRD forum actually talk to the Michelin rep and the rep told him that the 2ct is NOT coming to the US. To State side will have to settle for the POWER for now.

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
Holy hype batman!

2 seconds off the cut-off times but over 4 seconds off the guy who qualified dead last.

What's the point in making this comparison? Compare track times between this year's Pilot Power and last year's Pilot Power. Then you are showing us real information. Not fluffed up hype. :rolleyes

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
True, true. But it's pretty cool to see IMO.

I mean when you watch MotoGP and see the lean angle and corner speed they attain it's unbelievable. I assumed they had super-duper-magical rubber that none of us could ever get close to. But this little test kind of shattered that myth all to hell.

I mean they DO have super-duper-magical rubber that none of us could ever get but it's not so different that I should be worried about the performance ability of my store-bought buns. And before this I really thought there were more limitations on "regular" tires than this showed me.

Might not be useful to most people but it blew away a myth for me, sounds like it was fun and was a big time piece of promotional material for Michelin.

But all of it's moot at this point because unless these tires will be coming to America there's nothing to discuss...

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They'll be coming here, just not as quickly as Europe. Once the current stock of PP dries up, what will they replace them with? The 2CTs.

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
My only thought on that is what if Michelin doesn't want to invest the dough to get them DOT certified. They could just keep making the current rendition of PP's.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
richardlpalmer said:
My only thought on that is what if Michelin doesn't want to invest the dough to get them DOT certified. They could just keep making the current rendition of PP's.
True, but you gotta wonder how hard/how expensive that would really be, vs. producing two different lines of tires for the US and Euro markets. Especially since the tires share the exact same tread and rubber compoint, except the edges.

I did read somewhere that Michelin will just market them in Europe for the time being, as there is a large overstock of normal Powers in the US. I can't imagine them not bringing the new 2CTs over once that stock is gone.

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
Well, that will make a lot of US riders :giddy when they do arrive.

I'm going to be trying Diablo Corsa's for my next tire so it doesn't mean too much to me right now. I'll be interested in seeing how the Racetechs do for you.

·
stupid people suck....
3,464 Posts
theJrod said:
Pilot Power 2CT ~ named for it's dual-Compound-Technology

"20% softer rubber on the tread shoulders..... blah blah"

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=66

Looks like they'll have a 190/55 rear in June - I've been begging for a streetable 190/55 for two years now! Great news for liter bike owners.
i had to dremmel my street bellypan on my 03gix1k to keep the 190/55 from rubbing; you may have to do the same on the 05's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts