Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to change a rear tire on an ex500, and when I mounted the new one on, it doesn't turn more than a few degrees.

This is kind of hard to explain because Im not real mechanically inclined...but...

When I rotate the wheel, it seems that the bolts holding the disc brake onto the tire bang into the actual brake pads. I thought I mounted it the same way I took it off and the brake unit seems to be in the right place since the lower part of it fits into a kind of notch in the swing arm.

I can try to explain more, but Im sure that someone should be able to recognize the situation and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Sometimes I Think Too Much ...
878 Posts
Did you put the bolts back where you got them from? The three disk bolts have a low profile button head. The two caliper mount bolts have a higher head. All are 8mm allen heads. Just a guess.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Typically, the rear wheel will have a left and right side spacer. Does the EX500 have spacers and did you put them in and on the proper side? If not, then your wheel will be offset.

I suspect you got the left and right side spacers on the wrong sides.

·
Iron Butt Association #313244
1,380 Posts
hayabusafiend said:
Typically, the rear wheel will have a left and right side spacer. Does the EX500 have spacers and did you put them in and on the proper side? If not, then your wheel will be offset.

I suspect you got the left and right side spacers on the wrong sides.
+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts