·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more pic

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
Looks good man :thumb Maybe you can do a quick and dirty write up on the install for the other guys who may be interested in it :)

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
it does look good. those dussault undertails are beautiful (although too pricey for me right now). i like your other mods too. good looking bike. :thumb

tdah

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks good. I like Dussault, they're a little pricey but their fit and finish is great. Have one on my R1.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure Zeos, anyone that needs help or tips id be happy to help. just mail me.

The install is fairly straight forward, a bit more involved then say an F4i undetail because there is metal to cut on the YZF. The stock tail light bracket needs to be cut in half and the bungee hooks need to go. Same plastic cutting as most of them, the back half of the stock undertail gets chucked. After making sure it fits right then wire up the lights.

It is expensive but looks great :redflip

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where did you buy that undertail from?
I wanna install it but im not sure if i got the skills to do so...
How easy is it to install?
thx

(its really nice by the way :sun )

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
If'n you don't mind my askin', how much did you pay for it?

Cuz a small group of us arranged for a group buy (which will be executed Tuesday, October 15), in which we will be able to purchase the undertails at a 30% discount.

Looking forward to hearing about the install process. (Ima subscribe to this thread) :thumb

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
a56kuser said:
Where did you buy that undertail from?
I wanna install it but im not sure if i got the skills to do so...
How easy is it to install?
thx

(its really nice by the way :sun )
http://www.graphicartmotodesign.com

Robert went from only dealing with R1's, to R6's, to RC51's, to Ninja's and now to the YZF. He is expensive in comparison to other companies, but he is one if not the only one to use ABS plastic not fiberglass.

I've had mine for 2 years and it looks nearly the same it did new, save some road tar and stuff.

Installation at least on an R1 is far from straightforward. It is time consuming to say the least and has caused 2 tails of mine to crack. Though I feel that's a function of Yamaha's poor design more than Dussault's product.

Here are Robert's instructions for the undertail, following his is pretty straight forward for the most part.
http://www.clubplus.net/~grart/instructions/YZF600/YZF600undertailinst.html

I don't have any deadon pictures on this computer to post though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine direct from GraphicArt, I didn't know about the group buy till it was to late :mad , so i paid 339.00
Ian that looks sweet on the R1 btw ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
damn too bad im gonna miss out on the undertail buy im broke spending 300 on maintence on my bike...... that undertail installation looks a lil hard for me anyways :(

·
Graphic support
1,525 Posts
Keep us updated on that group buy. I'll be getting my hands on one too if everything works out ok.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
AaUuuuGaa! said:
If'n you don't mind my askin', how much did you pay for it?

Cuz a small group of us arranged for a group buy (which will be executed Tuesday, October 15), in which we will be able to purchase the undertails at a 30% discount.

Looking forward to hearing about the install process. (Ima subscribe to this thread) :thumb
Micheal, whats going on with that groupbuy? Did you get pricing on anything yet?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
TTheInfamous1 said:
Micheal, whats going on with that groupbuy? Did you get pricing on anything yet?
You kiddin'? It's been executed already! Got an undertail, cost normally $339, got it for $237 :p

Received it four days after I placed the order... the thing is beautiful!!! Also got a set of their flush-mounts too.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
AaUuuuGaa! said:
You kiddin'? It's been executed already! Got an undertail, cost normally $339, got it for $237 :p

Received it four days after I placed the order... the thing is beautiful!!! Also got a set of their flush-mounts too.
Okay, guess I was just a tad bit late on that. Oh well, next time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts