Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Heres a current picture of my bike
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in NC but recently got a job offer in Orlando.....looks like I'm gonna take it. Just wanted to check in with you guys and see what was up around that area for riding.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Compared to NC, not much. We do have weekly gatherings and typically ride every weekend. There's probably going to be info on this board. Come on out and join us. When are you coming?

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should be heading that way in about a month. Are there any decent roads for the weekend rides, or do you guys get in track time?

·
Dark Lord
2,071 Posts
Lunchbox said:
I should be heading that way in about a month. Are there any decent roads for the weekend rides, or do you guys get in track time?
There is both here, but if you expecting a Mountain with twisty elevation changes for like 11 miles, you'll be sorely disappointed...

Mark

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sauron said:
There is both here, but if you expecting a Mountain with twisty elevation changes for like 11 miles, you'll be sorely disappointed...

Mark
orlando/lakeland area has like 10x the turns we got a little further south... only turns down here basicially are offramps and roundabouts....

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny pic icehot. I guess giving up the good twisties up here for year round riding weather down there isnt that bad though. Its already in the 50s at night here. Worse case senerio I will just have to fork out the extra $$$ for track time.

·
Registered
669 Posts
There are some decent roads in Florida believe it or not, sure nothing like N.C. , but you know that already.
There are a number of riders in the central Florida area that know these roads so if you spend enough time in the Florida forum here you will surely hook up with them. There is also the North Florida Motorsports Park which should be 2- 3 hours north of the area you are moving that has track days often. Great place and another place alot of the members here go to. Definetly worth the $100 from everything I have heard. No, I have STILL not been there myself.....soon though. ;)

Good luck.

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
Dkmssl said:
There are some decent roads in Florida believe it or not, sure nothing like N.C. , but you know that already.
There are a number of riders in the central Florida area that know these roads so if you spend enough time in the Florida forum here you will surely hook up with them. There is also the North Florida Motorsports Park which should be 2- 3 hours north of the area you are moving that has track days often. Great place and another place alot of the members here go to. Definetly worth the $100 from everything I have heard. No, I have STILL not been there myself.....soon though. ;)

Good luck.
:shake get off your ass and get on the track ;)

:twofinger WELCOME LUNCHBOX!

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
Welcome and yes we have a few "fun" roads... but nothing like up your way

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will know exact dates of when I will be in FL by tomorrow or Tuesday. Look forward to meeting everyone.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You will get used to it. NC will become your vacation destination from here on out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts