Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as promised, i flexed some of my photography skills for you guys/gals. Got it a few months ago. Came w/ a pc3r, puig screen, graves sprocket cover, corbin seat,led tail lights, greggs front directionals and a seat cover for the pillon.

so far ive removed the corbin in favor of a stock seat, added helibars, solid mount foot pegs, and swapped out the high mount Devil midpipe for a standard mount as shown. i have no further plans xcept to ride. see you guys out there when its warmer.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Traitor:redflip

Tom

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im sure it makes nice wheelies, just a bit scary wacking it open at 8000 rpm to find out how well. hopefully it stays planted somewhat for tracktime, i usually alway put a taller rear sprocket on any bike i own, but the r1's just fine. its me having to get used to the inline 4 power delivery thats gotta work itsself out.

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive been thinking of it carl, if i can find a cheap used set ill jump on it. yesterday i put hh pads in and just did some stainless lines upfront, now im done, unless i see plastics. you ride the street anymore?

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats too bad carl, i enjoyed the street rides, xcept for the first one when i thought you were in a ditch cause i back-tracked for ya but never knew where you were. still, you think you might get back on the street???? in my eyes, the track is great, and when you apply what was learned at the track, it makes the street that much more rewarding.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
opinion914 said:
thats too bad carl, i enjoyed the street rides, xcept for the first one when i thought you were in a ditch cause i back-tracked for ya but never knew where you were. still, you think you might get back on the street???? in my eyes, the track is great, and when you apply what was learned at the track, it makes the street that much more rewarding.
I more or less agree I can use some of what I have learned ( with my vast track experience:laughing ) but at the same time run it at a safe pace. While the track is fun I also like the street rides where you can get together with a bunch of your friends and have a fun day riding:D

Tom

·
Moderator,
9,884 Posts
opinion914 said:
I can't speak for everyone, but I know after getting use to riding on the track and going full out all the time, then you get on the street it's not as fun. I'm always checking my speed so I don't get busted and 10-15mph over the limit just isn't fun. Also I don't even get that urge to go riding as much when I'm doing track days.:shrug

Of course it's a different story if you are out riding with some friends on a long ride.

If you really enjoy track riding it really out weights any aggressive street riding you can do.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Good luck with the R1! It's certainly the big daddy of Yamaha sportbikes.

And I'm not feeling the street for next year -- not with the nazi... err, cops here in NYC.

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
granted, the street isnt the exsiting pace of the track, but what if its a beautiful day out, and you have a few hours to yourself, wouldnt you feel like throwing a jacket on and hitting some twisties?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
opinion914 said:
granted, the street isnt the exsiting pace of the track, but what if its a beautiful day out, and you have a few hours to yourself, wouldnt you feel like throwing a jacket on and hitting some twisties?
Probably not.. I have lost self control. I come home from a track day .. go out on the street and start hanging off the bike ready to drag my knee on turns!!:shake

·
Raven
1,076 Posts
Nice bike man. Next time I'm up in NY we will have to ride togeahter. I used to work right in middletown.

·
Kevin
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no shit..where abouts? My favorite little loop is to take 211 outta middletown and all the way down into otisville, then down to rt. 209 by the bashakill.

Kevin

·
Raven
1,076 Posts
Have you ever heard of VAC services? Instead of going to the mall make the left there go up the hill. Just past I think warwick bank, there is a building on the left. VAC. thats where I was for two years. Don't ever work there.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
BrettWho? said:
I can't speak for everyone, but I know after getting use to riding on the track and going full out all the time, then you get on the street it's not as fun. I'm always checking my speed so I don't get busted and 10-15mph over the limit just isn't fun. Also I don't even get that urge to go riding as much when I'm doing track days.:shrug

Of course it's a different story if you are out riding with some friends on a long ride.

If you really enjoy track riding it really out weights any aggressive street riding you can do.

Ditto!

·
Inspector #5
1,434 Posts
Video Aid Corp!!!!
How long did you work there? I used to know some people there. I know it was a hole.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts