Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
It looks like they have made a lot of improvements to the bike.
I wish they put the power figures out I would like to see how they compare.
I do have a question. Why do they use a singe carb to fuel both cylinders? Wouldn't it be more efficient to use two?

·
Registered
574 Posts
v65rider1 said:
It looks like they have made a lot of improvements to the bike.
I wish they put the power figures out I would like to see how they compare.
I do have a question. Why do they use a singe carb to fuel both cylinders? Wouldn't it be more efficient to use two?
Pretty Good question v65......

This is what Yamaha puts on them stock from the factory

40mm Mikuni CV w/throttle position sensor

·
Registered
984 Posts
It seems to be that they, well about all of the compaines keep making the bore and stroke larger and larger, but they are not doing anything more to feed them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
v65rider1 said:
It seems to be that they, well about all of the compaines keep making the bore and stroke larger and larger, but they are not doing anything more to feed them.
Maybe it's their way to keep the speed freaks from crankin' up mean speed on the cruisers........I used to be a speed freak on my old GXSR 750.......Then I realized all the scenery that I was missing....:laughing ....while riding in 3 digits of MPH......:crackup

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Red Dawg said:
........I used to be a speed freak on my old GXSR 750.......Then I realized all the scenery that I was missing
You were a speed freak?? say it ain't so!! :nanana

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Interesting article, thanks for the information! :thumb

·
Registered
574 Posts
VstarVixxen said:
You were a speed freak?? say it ain't so!! :nanana

:eek.....Ok....now you know my secret past.......ya got me........:laughing

My old bike (one of them anyway)

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
:lol Dawg, nice avatar!
BTW....how's the heatwave up that way?? :redflip

I am not making fun of you, we got a coldfront down here too....brought it down to the 60's...Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :nanana

·
Registered
574 Posts
VstarVixxen said:
:lol Dawg, nice avatar!
BTW....how's the heatwave up that way?? :redflip

Ya like that?:laughing......I figure it was the closest thing I had to describe this wonderful antarctic weather we are having. Heatwave?....the only heatwave that I know of is the ones from the furnace and the fireplace. At this point, I'd rather have the snow.

I am not making fun of you, we got a coldfront down here too....brought it down to the 60's...Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :nanana
All in fun VIXX....all in fun....hell, if it were in the 60's here I'd be riding like crazy in a tshirt and jeans.....:crackup

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
:bday :bday :bday :bday :bday RedDawg!

·
Registered
574 Posts
FastRC26 said:
happy b-day bro!
hope its a good one!
Thanks bro.......it was warmer than it has been lately.....didn't do much....just relaxed mostly.....Work the wonderful night shift and had to work this weekend so I didn't do much....But I will, for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts