Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, What do you guys think so far about the new R6? I'm very intregied and I'm very close to going down to the dealership and putting down my deposit!

-al

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
HozerKing said:
Ok, What do you guys think so far about the new R6? I'm very intregied and I'm very close to going down to the dealership and putting down my deposit!

-al
There's no doubt about it, it's a sweet piece of engineering. I'm not going to go right out and jump in with both feet though, I just got my '02 this year and it still makes me :biggrin every time I get on....

If the FI is anywhere near as good as the R1, and the updates to the frame are what they actually claim they'll definatly have a winner...

·
Registered
279 Posts
id like to get a good look at it in person. so far i like the rims ( iwant those for my 2001 R6) and black frame. im not sold on those new headlights though...thats why id like to see it in person. but the silver scheme is killer, however my bike will now be a dime a dozen (its silver) :shake

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ian said:
I personally think the black/red is horrible... But the bike itself is very nice.
Damn and here I was ready to say how good it looked. I'll have to see it in person to decide but Yamaha is definitely headed in the right direction.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
I'm just not the type to like those types of graphics, my bike is almost a little much for me..

Though look at what I've owned other than the R1 for proof, VFR and XX. :laughing

The bike has got styling so any color combination will be nice, but the image it protrays is not me is all.

But I guarantee it will be leaps and bounds better than the current R6, paint or not paint, that's what is important.

·
Stress Relief 101
13,581 Posts
HozerKing said:
Have you seen the black with Red color scheme?

-al
I love that one. One reason is because not everybody likes it. I want to see them in person before I pick. I think I'm buying the blue and white one in March. I love all three colors so I'll see in March.

James

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hear that only the left light beams turn on for the low beams and then the right side light beams turn on when you switch on the high beams. Seems Yamaha decided to do it like Honda, ala F4i. ewwwwww

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
UnimatrixZero said:
I hear that only the left light beams turn on for the low beams and then the right side light beams turn on when you switch on the high beams. Seems Yamaha decided to do it like Honda, ala F4i. ewwwwww
don't look at it like that....look at at it , ala 996/998 ;)

I don't like the black with red flames either. I'm also not a fan of the silver. The blue looks awesome. And the red version Europe gets looks awesome as well. The 600 class is going to be something to watch this year :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree that the 600 class is hot for '03. You're right the R6 is gonna be so sweet. Just mentioned the F4i cuz ppl comment on how one of the lights is out when the low beams are on.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I love the new R6 but the US doesn't get a red one :mad: .
Maybe next year the red ones will be here.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i personally like the 03 r6 its nice looking plus with the changes done to it,should be a great seller.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sexy. I want those wheels for my '02 R1. ;)

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
Was looking at them today...

Yamaha had a show today here with there new models so I went down to check out the R6.;) Must say, that thing is small!:eek:
But I liked it.:cool: They also had the black/flames R1 there and I sat on that as well, much better!:cool: So, I figure next bike, if it's a Yammie, it'll be the R1, but in Blue of course.:redflip

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Was looking at them today...

IcEyZf said:
Yamaha had a show today here with there new models so I went down to check out the R6.;) Must say, that thing is small!:eek:
But I liked it.:cool: They also had the black/flames R1 there and I sat on that as well, much better!:cool: So, I figure next bike, if it's a Yammie, it'll be the R1, but in Blue of course.:redflip
Whats Newfoundland like for twisties? I'm thinkin it would have miles of road that are twisted and bent. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky.

That new R6 is awsome, frame casted using their new casting technology, the wheels give me wood whenever I see them and FI. The R6 historically has received some components that surpass the R1's for the same year, ie LED brake lights. Yamaha is still making R1 guys jealous.

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
Re: Re: Was looking at them today...

bender said:
Whats Newfoundland like for twisties? I'm thinkin it would have miles of road that are twisted and bent. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky.

Down around the coastal areas the twisties are sweet!:draggin

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Re: Was looking at them today...

IcEyZf said:
Have you sat on a previous model R6?? Someone over on r6messagenet was saying that a dealer had a 03 already and was testing it out and he said that the guy riding said it felt bigger than the 01/02. I was really disappointed in this comment, but now you are saying it feels small which is what I want so I can man handle it a bit more. So...would you please go into a little deeper explanation of the size of it. Thanks!!

~ Tyler

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
Re: Re: Was looking at them today...

CU'sUltimateR6 said:
Have you sat on a previous model R6?? Someone over on r6messagenet was saying that a dealer had a 03 already and was testing it out and he said that the guy riding said it felt bigger than the 01/02. I was really disappointed in this comment, but now you are saying it feels small which is what I want so I can man handle it a bit more. So...would you please go into a little deeper explanation of the size of it. Thanks!!

~ Tyler
Well, It's been a few years since I sat on a R6, so I can't really say if it was bigger or smaller?:( It certainly felt small to me compared to my bike.:redflip
As for size wise, i guess the tank & general bodywork though the funny thing was i found it was higher up in the arse department and your slide right up on the tank when you 1st get on it. Probably norm for an R6 anyway??:rolleyes:
Go sit on one and let me know!:p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts