Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday confirmed for me that there ARE still nice people left in this world...

I was at the P.O. and I had to mail off a package for work, and I only brought petty cash with me. $5.00 -- I used the automatic machine that weighs your package and prints out a stamp for ya. Well the machine didnt take cash, and the line in the waiting area was sooo LONG. Naturally.

Well this girl saw that I was sighing, and she said "If you want, I can give you change, and you can use my card" And this other man said "I can give you change too and buy your stamps for you" Well the OTHER stamp machine was broke, so that left the girl to say "here, lemme help ya."

She let me use her credit card and gave me $1.50 in change and I proceeded to use the automatic postage machine. I said thank you to her like 3 times. It really made my day. I take MAJOR delight when things like that happen to me because people like that are far and few.

I just wanted to take the time to shed a positive light in a moreso negative world.

Tell some stories. :D

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
That's awesome. I try and help people out like that whenever I can. :D

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
It's probably the holidays, sad but true. People are either more generous, or more dink-like at the holidays.

I've had lots of people behind me in line, when my purchases add to like $xx.08 give me the 8 cents so I don't have to break another bill or get a whole wad of change. That's about the extent of random acts of kindness for me I'm afraid :(

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
JEWELZ007 said:
Yesterday confirmed for me that there ARE still nice people left in.....
Well....I think that people can kinda sense other nice people...thats why they all hooked you up :thumb...
because if you were acting bitchy..they would have gave
you the gas face and kept it movin'...so good for you !

Nice people deserve each other IMO...all others:doublefli :D

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
12,261 Posts
I would have slept with her to really show my appreciation.

But that is just me.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I brought my daughter to the store with me to get some milk the other day. Since we were only getting milk, I let her walk and hold my hand instead of putting her in a cart (it's really hard to shop and watch a 2 year old at the same time). As we were walking up to the checkout to pay, they cashier said "aren't you just the cutest little girl ever. Pick out whatever candy you want and I'll buy it for you". Of course I told her not to, but she insisted and the cashier bought her a little bag of m&m's. It really floored me.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Debs said:
It's probably the holidays, sad but true. People are either more generous, or more dink-like at the holidays.

I've had lots of people behind me in line, when my purchases add to like $xx.08 give me the 8 cents so I don't have to break another bill or get a whole wad of change. That's about the extent of random acts of kindness for me I'm afraid :(
I experienced a nice deed today. I had clothes in the washer in the apt. and i lost track of time. so i went downstairs to dry my clothes..but somebody had took out all my clothes and put it in the dryer, put in bounty sheets and put the cash in the machine and started it up. when i got downstairs..i had dried clothes. wish i knew who it was so i could pay them back.

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Maybe a little off topic....but

We visited a local no kill shelter for dogs & cats a while back. While there, we noticed a "wish list" for supplies (like paper pens, dog/cat food, blankets, soap, bleach...etc) then needed.

We ended up buying everything on that list that they needed, & wrapped everything in a huge box. It was almost 300.00 dollars...but the animals deserve it. They were like OMG thank you...thank you...thank you! I've never received so many thanks!

It sure made us feel good to donate. We now do a donation every year for them. :D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I like this thread :D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
citadel650 said:
I wish someone would buy me some Taco Bell.
Someone? ;)

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
Oh yeah, soggy, stale chips, cheese out of a bag, and beef 3 grades below dog food. Yummy:redflip

1 - 20 of 27 Posts