Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Medicine Man
1,213 Posts
Dude thanks! That sure brought back old memories. I was doing BMX trick riding over 25yrs ago way before all the Xgames. Damn, I'm old! :laughing

Attachments

·
Medicine Man
1,213 Posts
Just sharing an old and fond memory. The 1st pic was 42.5" high on a mongoose which at the time was 3.5" higher than the redline world record :redflip Now I'm old and still having fun on 2 wheels. It's expensive though, cost $160 to replace an old busted ass right fairing from a previous experienced rider :nanana :crackup

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
YB9292RR said:

I used to sport a Chrome Redline MX 2 with a chrome DID chain, that and the mongoose were the only bike's I never broke in half.

BTW that chic was badassed.

·
Medicine Man
1,213 Posts
Your damn right she's awesome. Alot of the tricks she was doing were the same ones that I used to do, some of them I couldn't. I was more into jumping ramps though. I lived off of Jackson St. in P'cola for 30yrs and was the one who built almost all of the ramps in West Pensacola Clay Pitts if you ever heard of them or remember it. Talk about fun stuff! Did you ever ride there Don? Same here with the frames. Redline was too light for me though, I could better control the heavier Mongoose. I don't see how some of you guys do stoppies on a motorcycle. You guys are crazy :nutz

·
THA STUNNA WIT DA MOST RIDEZZZ
2,474 Posts
i lived exactly 1/2 mile from the pits. still got my proline and mongoose expert hangin in the garage.
i think ythe bill you are talking is bill maddin who also had clayborn cycles out of gb. and lenny used to own the bike shop on fairfied. good times. i still miss the 26-pac at the pits.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I remember the first cool bike I ever had it was the Schwinn mag scrambler ($180 in 1979) broke it in two weeks took it back and they gave me another, busted the rear mag wheel and the frame on the new bike in about a week, guy at the bike shop thought somebody ran it over. :crackup Told me not to come back...hahaha.

·
Medicine Man
1,213 Posts
Sounds like alot of you had fun there too. Probably ran across some of you at least once before in the past. I spent about 10yrs (12-22) riding in those pitts. Probably skipped 1/2 of high school there, the rest at Johnsons Beach. My favorite jump I named S.O.L. because it went straight up which provided plenty of airtime if you had the nuts to hit it at high speed. I'm sure as hell paying for it now though. I've had to have 2 surgeries in the past 13yrs because of all the damage the impact of those high jumps caused to my legs. Still wouldn't change a single minute of it if I could go back. Well, maybe I would tell myself not to drink so much beer sitting in that monkey tree, damn budweiser caught up with me :crackup

Reactions: LenGuthrie
1 - 19 of 19 Posts