Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When coasting at low speed I hear a metal rubbing metal type noise from the front of my bike. I have all but dismissed it as brake noise (rotor touching pad or something), but I do not want to let a bad thing get worse. The pads do not appear worn, and the rotors are not warped or anything either. Is this normal? Any ideas you may have are welcomed.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Try just rolling the bike around a parking lot (with the bike off of course), and listen to the front rotor area. If its a "hissing" type noise its your pads rubbing your rotors. A bit of this is normal, but if its bad it could be caused by a hung up piston in your calipers.......

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
quickquarter said:
When coasting at low speed I hear a metal rubbing metal type noise from the front of my bike. I have all but dismissed it as brake noise (rotor touching pad or something), but I do not want to let a bad thing get worse. The pads do not appear worn, and the rotors are not warped or anything either. Is this normal? Any ideas you may have are welcomed.
Your pads always rub your rotors anyway and they would have to be rubbing enough that the bike would not coast as well for them to make a noise like you described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts