Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

noise

649 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BlueDevil 
#1 ·
when i start me bike wether warm or not somrtimes it makes a weird clancking noise i have a 92' cbr600f2 anyone know what it could be:confused

#2 ·
Out side of the clanking noise hows it ride? Hows the clutch feel, budy of mine had a similar problem and it turned out to be the clutch basket. Can you provide more information? Does the clanking go away when you ride it does it increase? :creep

#3 ·
keonimana said:
when i start me bike wether warm or not somrtimes it makes a weird clancking noise i have a 92' cbr600f2 anyone know what it could be:confused
Your Camchain tensioner is probably going out. The one on my old 94 bike did that exact thing and went away at higher revs (I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THAT! LMAO)
However, start it and find out where the sound is coming from. Depending on if your clutch is origional, or it lots of clutch wheelies took place, it could also be your clutch basket like Snowman said.

#5 ·
its the cam chain tensionor that was spoke of earlier. my roomate has a 92 f2 his doe sth esame thing on startup, he says that by reving the bike before turning it of kind of helps quiet it down on the next restart. SUpposedly its an ongoing issue with the honda 600 motors, even the 01 f4is have CCT issues..

#6 ·
keonimana said:
i took it to my mechanic and he said it was my cam aguster pully or something like that anyone know what that is.
Its the adjuster that keeps your cam chain taut... Get it replaced before something more important gets broken...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.