Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
good shit man. When you are on the rear brake are you still using the throttle to work the bike around, or relying mostly on the idle to bring it back?

Do you like your gearing? This winter my bar is going on and I might go to a +7 or +10 in the back. (im -1/+3 now).

·
Registered
669 Posts
What part of Jersey you ride at?
We sometimes ride just a little north of the DE. Memorial Bridge.

Looks good, I am definetly not as smooth as I want to be either.
Hard to tell but it sounds like your balancing more with the throttle than the brake. If so try keeping a more steady hand and more brake to control the height.
Overall pretty smooth though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys. I love my gearing(-1,+7) And yes, I'm on the throttle and too heavy on the brake but been practicing more and I'm def getting smoother ;) Letting the idle take over more. I'll post some more vids of my progress

-l8r

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
The main reason I turn my idle up is so I don't have to give hella throttle when I clutch it up, I just give it a quick blip and it comes right up, so there HA!

DeeZ

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what I'm talkin' bout'. I haven't engaged in any slow stuntin yet but deez offered to let me learn on his bike. I'd like to be able to do shit on mine and keep everything stock cept a cage and a bar. You think it's allot more difficult that way? Regardless what you do to the bike you're stilll dealing with the same amount of force to bring it up right??? Well a gear change would at least save you some clutch in the long run I guess....

UO's
FTP

·
Cycle Forums Top 10 Most Wanted:
1,557 Posts
Fast shit and slow shit are like night and day. Gearing helps bring it up and also slow it down quite a bit. I'm up 13 on my 929 and got her down to crawling speed's 12ing last night--gotta be careful though cuz I got it so slow that the engine cut out on me a few times and just about sent me over the bars. Shit will come down so fast when you stall your feet slip off the pegs and you bang your knees/legs up--then take all the impact on your wrists. Its worth it though--just creeping around in a wheelie at like 5mph. I cant wait to ride again this weekend :D

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
R1Alvin said:
Fast shit and slow shit are like night and day. Gearing helps bring it up and also slow it down quite a bit. I'm up 13 on my 929 and got her down to crawling speed's 12ing last night--gotta be careful though cuz I got it so slow that the engine cut out on me a few times and just about sent me over the bars. Shit will come down so fast when you stall your feet slip off the pegs and you bang your knees/legs up--then take all the impact on your wrists. Its worth it though--just creeping around in a wheelie at like 5mph. I cant wait to ride again this weekend :D
Thats why you gotta work the clutch

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
nags said:
Thats why you gotta work the clutch
you mean pulling the clutch in when it gets that slow to stop it from stalling?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.